• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tonight's Royal Oak City Council Meeting.

cm2624

The woman with that had the sign on her chest is an idiot. She said "just because it's the law, just because it's legal, just because you have a right to bear arms, there's a time and a place". http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...carry-firearms-at-arts,-beats-&-eats-festival The time and the place is 24/7, nothing less. I know I am preaching to the choir, but these people that want to ban guns at ABE drive me crazy. Actually, people that want to ban guns drive me crazy. What if there was a clause in the contract saying people that are overweight like that woman with the sign could not eat fattening foods at the festival? She should be worrying about clogged arteries, diabetes, etc. not people legally carrying guns. She should also be worrying about criminals that carry guns, not law abiding citizens that carry.

PDinDetroit

The woman with that had the sign on her chest is an idiot. She said "just because it's the law, just because it's legal, just because you have a right to bear arms, there's a time and a place". http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...carry-firearms-at-arts,-beats-&-eats-festival The time and the place is 24/7, nothing less. I know I am preaching to the choir, but these people that want to ban guns at ABE drive me crazy. Actually, people that want to ban guns drive me crazy. What if there was a clause in the contract saying people that are overweight like that woman with the sign could not eat fattening foods at the festival? She should be worrying about clogged arteries, diabetes, etc. not people legally carrying guns. She should also be worrying about criminals that carry guns, not law abiding citizens that carry.

I found her mildly humorous. The signs, which were on her front and back, were clamped onto her shirt with Jumbo Metal Paper Clips. This may qualify for the "funny hats" that Commissioner Razor wanted to make firearm carriers wear, except that the Anti's are wearing funny signs willingly.

Her signs did not even convey the proper message that aligned with her viewpoint/statements. There were 2 sentences on the sign, based upon the way she composed this from information gleaned from FACEBOOK.

1) No! (City stop your unlawful actions)

2) Guns @ ABE (Allow Guns at Arts, Beats, and Eats)

To an English Language guy like me, this structure actually supports our position!

Thus ends the Grammar lesson for the day.