• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Sparks among police

Yard Sale

Sunday morning Aug. 8, 6:30 AM, Starbucks, Sparks Blvd. @ Prater (near the police dept.). I saw two Sparks police cars in the parking lot so I turned on my audio recorder and left my ID in my truck. The officers were sitting at a table in the back. I'm right handed with a strong side hip holster so when I faced the counter to order they got a good view of my Glock 17. And I was wearing this t-shirt:

By-Any-Means-Necessary-T-SHIRT-11271.jpg

I left without a word from them but when I was getting back in my truck, one of them came to the front door and checked me out. Seeing what vehicle I was getting in? Seeing if I would unholster (brandishing)? Seeing if I was an aborted armed robber returning to the getaway vehicle? Weird.

OK, so maybe Sparks police aren't my mortal enemy after all.

nomidlname

IMO, Sparks PD and for the most part Washoe County Sherriff's are good. Reno PD on the other hand isn't what I would call citizen friendly. again, that is just my opinion.

john-in-reno

Friday my wife and I went to the Hot August Nites in Sparks and I was on the corner of Victorian and Pyramid way while my wife went to the 7-11 across the street, well while she was in there 2 motorcycle cops drove up and parked and started putting up the barricades and as they were heading back to there bikes I walked up and started to shoot the **** with them about the bikes without any problems the one officer did look down and saw the gun and never said anything.

Have not had the pleasure to do the same with the Reno PD