• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Bullseye to test my new BUG

tombrewster421

I'll be at Bullseye in Tacoma at around 5:00 tonight to test my new BUG that I got there for $60. Found some ammo for it yesterday at the WAC show. Also plan to test out my wifes gun since I got it back from Taurus ( it failed to eject casings when I first got it ) hopefully it will work fine now. Of course while I'm there I'll have to shoot my OC piece as well and my old cheap .22 revolver. If anyone wants to join that would be cool. Hope to see some of you there.

tombrewster421

So so

Well my wifes gun is in good workin order now. I found out that the hand spring is a little worn out on my little revolver though and also the sear spring is missing. The gun did fire fine though, just reluctant to turn the cylinder. On a positive note, I found the parts I need for it online for about $14. So even after fixing it the total price of the gun would be around $75 and I'm more than happy with that price for a back up gun.

Genken

I wish I saw this before I left earlier. I would have gone there instead of Cabela's in Lacey.

Glad to hear the BUG is working for you. I want to get one, but gotta get the wife her own first.

Genken

Anytime you guys go to the Sportsman, drop a line.

I go there very often.

Heh, it's like, no kidding a 5 minute drive. Maybe I'll hit it up on the way back from tomorrow. I need to throw some rounds downrange.

Note to self: Buy a cheap staplegun

1245A Defender

i always thought this story would be more compelling..

Well my wifes gun is in good workin order now. I found out that the hand spring is a little worn out on my little revolver though and also the sear spring is missing. The gun did fire fine though, just reluctant to turn the cylinder. On a positive note, I found the parts I need for it online for about $14. So even after fixing it the total price of the gun would be around $75 and I'm more than happy with that price for a back up gun.

if you took the time,
to tell us just what your new gun WAS?

tombrewster421

H&R

if you took the time,
to tell us just what your new gun WAS?

It's a very old (like over 100 years) Harrington and Richards young America safety hammer. It holds five rounds of .32 S&W. Pretty weak round but good for a backup and conceals very easily. It's almost too small for the smallest ankle holster I could find.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It's a very old (like over 100 years) Harrington and Richards young America safety hammer. It holds five rounds of .32 S&W. Pretty weak round but good for a backup and conceals very easily. It's almost too small for the smallest ankle holster I could find.

Remember; the .32 was enough to kill the Arch Duke and start the Great War.