• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Retailer Permission Slip Form

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thats what I thought until I saw the date it was revised 7/20/ 2010 . Why would'nt they just repeal it or whatever and conform to state law ? I guess I'l have to drop the Co. Sup. a line.

As Doug is implying, the key is they SHOULDN'T enforce it and in the end they will loose. However, it could you time, money and inconvenience. So, yes, work on it with your elected officials, talk to the LEOs and let them know it if unenforceable.

AN example is Elkhorn. They have a law on the books that is unenforceable. They are working on changing it but I haven't OC'ed in Elkhorn yet.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Thats what I thought until I saw the date it was revised 7/20/ 2010 . Why would'nt they just repeal it or whatever and conform to state law ?

Perhaps even though they can't enforce it NOW they are hoping the state legislature overturns the pre-emption law and instantly all these ordinances that are already on the books become enforceable again.

The preemption law says they can't enforce those ordinances, doesn't say they can't have them on the books and must repeal them.

This is why its important to get these local ordinances off the books. First, they confuse people including, (in the past) the police. Second, if preemption goes away they are valid instantly.

littlewolf

I sent an email off to the county board chairman and will let you know what they will do or not do.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I sent an email off to the county board chairman and will let you know what they will do or not do.

The angle I would take with them is that it would be a good idea to get the ordinance off the books lest an officer not realize it was preempted and try to enforce it.

Doing so would subject the municipality and the officer to legal action for an unlawful arrest.

fdmuchow

Looks like we're taking the long way arround the barn. Welcome aboard fdmuchow, good to have you with us.

Thanks, I am honored to be with you folks. I hope to meet some of you in Delavan on Sunday. Good Lord willin, and the crik don't rise, I plan to join your gathering at Starbucks, not to mention that I am a Starbucks coffee adict.:D