Thread: Top Shot !

Top Shot !

Just finished watching the latest episode of Top Shot.

I'm sad to see Kelly go. I was rooting for the kid. He would of been safe if he didn't load so many rounds. First one up the hill was a disadvantage for sure. Every time someone undercut his score I was more and more shocked. Those guys did some great shooting.

I was shocked by Blake's elimination as well. That shot was very poor.
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 08-09-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

I was shocked that they took a great show concept and turned it into a JARTV show.

Just Another Reality TV show

If I can ignore the drama-llamas, the shooting is good.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Someone hasn't been watching!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    I was shocked that they took a great show concept and turned it into a JARTV show.

Just Another Reality TV show

If I can ignore the drama-llamas, the shooting is good.
    They figured it out and dumped the ******** last 2 episodes.

I'm very happy. The format for the last show was almost non-stop eliminations and it was sweet.

Remember this is the first season. I think they are tweaking things to get feedback and seeing the best format for the show. Hopefully they realized to audience they are targeting doesn't care for the drama.

"RATFINK, HE'S JUST A RATFINK..."
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 08-09-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

I also was rooting for Kelly. Didn't like the politics that put him in jeapardy nearly every time. Glad to see him pull off all those wins. I thought there were several contestants that should have been eliminated much earlier. Really thought the cowboy should have done much better with the Colt .45. Will be interesting to watch the last episode. Looking forward to the next season!

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    They figured it out and dumped the ******** last 2 episodes.

I'm very happy. The format for the last show was almost non-stop eliminations and it was sweet.

Remember this is the first season. I think they are tweaking things to get feedback and seeing the best format for the show. Hopefully they realized to audience they are targeting doesn't care for the drama.

"RATFINK, HE'S JUST A RATFINK..."
    Agreed but i wont waste another sec on that show. They burned a lot of possible fans with the drama crap.
    Last edited by zack991; 08-09-2010 at 11:53 PM.

I was pissed how Kelly was eliminated. Why did, in every other elimination match, they not allow the competitors to see each other and strategize, but they did in the last couple matches? It truly put Kelly at a huge disadvantage, when he was one of the cleanest shooters on that match.

Now I'm hoping for JJ to continue to the end. He's been impressive, though I would have loved to see JJ vs Kelly.

They are casting for next season.

http://pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/topshot/

Nominating...

Phillip Van Cleve?

That would be main-stream media attention.

Thanks for the link, OP. I no longer have my TV's, except for streaming Netflix. I skipped the drama and went straight for the latest episode. When that guy yanked the shot to the low right on the target I just cringed. I pull my shots constantly and that's without competition stress.

Yea, but your not...

Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    Thanks for the link, OP. I no longer have my TV's, except for streaming Netflix. I skipped the drama and went straight for the latest episode. When that guy yanked the shot to the low right on the target I just cringed. I pull my shots constantly and that's without competition stress.
    ... a former USPSA GRAND MASTER missing from only 25ft.

PS I would of loved to see JJ vs Kelly too!!!!!

Drama went out with the girls, or didn't you notice that? I liked the fuse shot idea. Would have liked to know the lengths since that was what was supposed to be the factor for elimination.

Agree on Kelly, but will still watch the last episode to see the winner.

Taking apps for season 2. Would love to see them use the nuclear rifle, and the rocket propelled pistol for weapons. Person with the farthest away mushroom wins.

They need to do something with those lopsided team challenges, half the people sitting out is wasteful, and you don't get to see how they handle the different weapons at all that way. Maybe those that sit out would vote on who of them goes to elimination with the losing team members, or they do the same challenge to decide after the main one.

But what a way to vote, we need that method for president, can just see FL with those butterfly ballots trying to shoot a vote for BHO, and getting Palin. Would force the anti's to allow OC voting, as you can't vote if you don't carry. Stuffing ballot boxes would be a very loud and noticeable, cutting down fraud.

Watched a few of the earlier episodes. What the F was up with the red team trying so damn hard to get rid of Kelly? Especially that ass clown Dennis.

I couldn't figure out why Denny was doing so poorly until I read an interview Cheaperthandirt.com did with him. In cowboy action shooting, they fire BLANKS at balloons! It turns out he hadn't fired a bullet in almost 10 years.

I was pulling for a Kelly/JJ final. Even then, he was NEVER last, they didn't get him until they eliminated the bottom two! Check out the interview with him also on the cheaperthandirt blog section.

Is it still winning...

Quote Originally Posted by SlackwareRobert View Post
    Taking apps for season 2. Would love to see them use the nuclear rifle, and the rocket propelled pistol for weapons. Person with the farthest away mushroom wins.
    ...when the nuclear rifle was incapable of firing past it's own kill-zone?

congratulations!! You get to suffer from radiation poisoning a little longer than everyone else!
    Winning to me would be coming in last, and having the quickest death.
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 08-12-2010 at 11:16 PM.

I just watched the third episode. Red team is getting destroyed.