• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sat. 8/14 Utah Class at Tyson's Corner

Vanns40

A Utah Permit is now recognized in more than 30 States. If you couple that with a Virginia Permit, you're good to go in approx. 43 States.

I charge $80 for the Utah Class. That includes the mandatory fingerprinting. I also include the Utah application and even give you an addressed envelope! If you haven't yet applied for your Virginia permit I will give you a certificate that satisfies Virginia's requirement for training.

This is a 4 hour classroom only course, there is no range time. This IS NOT for folks who have never handled a pistol before. If you are a first time shooter you need to take the NRA's First Steps Course.

To register for this course and for more info, go to: www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com

curtiswr

Reposted from another thread that you abandoned, and never addressed, after you got the point of your spam across:

Is your class special or your sp..advertisement wrong? Why does it unlock 10 more states than a VA resident and Utah non-resident combined should? 43 is the number of states that allow carry into places serving alcohol, but that in and of itself has no bearing on what states have reciprocity with Virginia residents and non-resident Utah permit holders.

And why do you make the declaration that 1)it is not for first time shooters and 2) that a first time shooter needs to take the NRA's First Steps course before this course? Is that a personal requirement for reasons undeclared? When the Utah course doesn't have any pre-requisite courses, why would you advertise that it does?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reposted from another thread that you abandoned, and never addressed, after you got the point of your spam across:

And why do you make the declaration that 1)it is not for first time shooters and 2) that a first time shooter needs to take the NRA's First Steps course before this course? Is that a personal requirement for reasons undeclared? When the Utah course doesn't have any pre-requisite courses, why would you advertise that it does?

The other thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78807-Utah-Concealed-Carry-Class-8-7-Tyson-s-Corner

virginiatuck

A Utah Permit is now recognized in more than 30 States. If you couple that with a Virginia Permit, you're good to go in approx. 43 States.

Something doesn't add up. I count more than seven states in which VA+UT would be worthless. 43 is a peculiar approximation. Plus:

Take VT, AK, and AZ off of your list because no permit is required, even for CC.
Take CO, FL, MI, and NH off of your list because most people in VA are not UT residents.

By my count, a UT non-res. permit would only add WA, MN, AL, and GA to the VA res. permit. And a VA res. permit would only add SC and NM to the UT non-res. permit. Plus UT requires fingerprints; yuck.

There are other non-resident permit alternatives for VA residents that take care of WA, MN, AL, and GA.

The references for this post can mostly be found at handgunlaw.us and state legislature web sites.

curtiswr

Dave, if you are going to consistently spam for your class would you at least have the courtesy to answer questions and concerns your target audience has? It's bad enough that you only use the forum for spam and to attempt a quick buck off of us.