• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Bank gets it right!

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
chappell-hill-bank.jpg

I would move my money here in a heartbeat!

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2010/08/07/a-bank-with-guns-zomg/#comments

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

If they allowed OC they would have gotten it right.

Funny how it says that they recognize the 2nd amendment as an inalienable right, yet they support licensed concealed weapons. WTF? Is it me or does licensing alienate that right?

sudden valley gunner

Beat me to it. Just like Starbucks permitting OC here, that bank is just following the law as it exists.
Well slightly different Starbucks never said they agree or support the 2nd A.

I have carried in several different banks all without event.
Key Bank, and Banner follow state law, ICU (Industrial Credit Union), Peoples and Wells Fargo all have not given me greif.

.45ACPaddy

OC is illegal in Texas.

Shoulda been more specific...

If they allowed OC in Texas then the bank would have gotten it right, maybe. I imagine they would have permitted all lawful carry since they're promoting what's legal. But still... Kind of a contradicting message to me with the "inalienable right" part in there.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nothing mentioned about this on their home page:
http://www.chappellhillbank.com/

What strikes me as very strange is that the sign is on the inside of the glass looking out onto the street. Wouldn't you have thought it would have been on the outside, visible to customers coming into the bank?

Has anyone seen confirmation of that this sign/policy actually exists?

TechnoWeenie

What strikes me as very strange is that the sign is on the inside of the glass looking out onto the street. Wouldn't you have thought it would have been on the outside, visible to customers coming into the bank?

You're seeing a reflection, if you look 'past' the glass, you can see a wood desk inside...

It is taken from outside.

Lovenox

I tried to email them but I had a "Frontpage error"...can anyone follow up? If its the case I think we should support them by opening up a modest savings account....

Metalhead47

second amendment says nothing about conceal carry! they dont suport second amendment if they dont suport open carry!!!!!!!!!!
xd-out

Read the whole thread man. OC isn't legal in TX. The bank is supporting lawful carry according to state laws. If they encouraged customers to OC, they would be encouraging them to break the law.

crdonov

Read the whole thread man. OC isn't legal in TX. The bank is supporting lawful carry according to state laws. If they encouraged customers to OC, they would be encouraging them to break the law.

texas dosnt support second amendment! the right to bear arms will not be infringed! texas laws are wrong! i hope some day it will change! come to maine, and you can open carry! texas needs to get with the
program!!!!!!!!!!!!
xd-out

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
second amendment says nothing about conceal carry! they dont suport second amendment if they dont suport open carry!!!!!!!!!!
xd-out

It's Texas - OC of a handgun is not legal there.

We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's why we all support a Bill of Rights provision that had at its heart regime change in case the regime became too oppressive with its laws. :D

Which, I guess really means there is more than one way to get the law changed. :D:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is a purpose to every season.

You're learning to read between the wines quite well.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There is a purpose to every season.

You're learning to read between the wines quite well.

As I recall, your state went a little further--not only quitting the compact, but tryin' to chase out the oppressors when they wouldn't leave. :D

Those brass napoleans you play with were not the North's favorite artillery. :D