Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Texas Bank gets it right!

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    632

    Thumbs up Texas Bank gets it right!



    I would move my money here in a heartbeat!

    http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...zomg/#comments
    Last edited by Right Wing Wacko; 08-09-2010 at 08:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,003
    If they allowed OC they would have gotten it right.

    Funny how it says that they recognize the 2nd amendment as an inalienable right, yet they support licensed concealed weapons. WTF? Is it me or does licensing alienate that right?

  3. #3
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    886
    OC is illegal in Texas.

    Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    If they allowed OC they would have gotten it right.

    Funny how it says that they recognize the 2nd amendment as an inalienable right, yet they support licensed concealed weapons. WTF? Is it me or does licensing alienate that right?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,851

    ^^^^^^

    Beat me to it. Just like Starbucks permitting OC here, that bank is just following the law as it exists.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    15,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Beat me to it. Just like Starbucks permitting OC here, that bank is just following the law as it exists.
    Well slightly different Starbucks never said they agree or support the 2nd A.

    I have carried in several different banks all without event.
    Key Bank, and Banner follow state law, ICU (Industrial Credit Union), Peoples and Wells Fargo all have not given me greif.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    OC is illegal in Texas.
    Shoulda been more specific...

    If they allowed OC in Texas then the bank would have gotten it right, maybe. I imagine they would have permitted all lawful carry since they're promoting what's legal. But still... Kind of a contradicting message to me with the "inalienable right" part in there.
    Last edited by .45ACPaddy; 08-09-2010 at 11:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,544
    I still find it funny that of all places, Texas doesnt allow Open Carry. Seems like they would have been the first onboard.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,491
    Nothing mentioned about this on their home page:
    http://www.chappellhillbank.com/

    What strikes me as very strange is that the sign is on the inside of the glass looking out onto the street. Wouldn't you have thought it would have been on the outside, visible to customers coming into the bank?

    Has anyone seen confirmation of that this sign/policy actually exists?
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    115
    Looks fishy, they misspelled "unalienable".

  10. #10
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

    What strikes me as very strange is that the sign is on the inside of the glass looking out onto the street. Wouldn't you have thought it would have been on the outside, visible to customers coming into the bank?


    You're seeing a reflection, if you look 'past' the glass, you can see a wood desk inside...

    It is taken from outside.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    I still find it funny that of all places, Texas doesnt allow Open Carry. Seems like they would have been the first onboard.

    Several southern states are like that. They are old "Reconstruction" laws.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    I still find it funny that of all places, Texas doesnt allow Open Carry. Seems like they would have been the first onboard.

    I thought the same thing...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    I tried to email them but I had a "Frontpage error"...can anyone follow up? If its the case I think we should support them by opening up a modest savings account....

  14. #14
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post


    I would move my money here in a heartbeat!

    http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...zomg/#comments
    second amendment says nothing about conceal carry! they dont suport second amendment if they dont suport open carry!!!!!!!!!!
    xd-out

  15. #15
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    second amendment says nothing about conceal carry! they dont suport second amendment if they dont suport open carry!!!!!!!!!!
    xd-out

    Read the whole thread man. OC isn't legal in TX. The bank is supporting lawful carry according to state laws. If they encouraged customers to OC, they would be encouraging them to break the law.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  16. #16
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Read the whole thread man. OC isn't legal in TX. The bank is supporting lawful carry according to state laws. If they encouraged customers to OC, they would be encouraging them to break the law.
    texas dosnt support second amendment! the right to bear arms will not be infringed! texas laws are wrong! i hope some day it will change! come to maine, and you can open carry! texas needs to get with the
    program!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xd-out
    Last edited by crdonov; 08-15-2010 at 08:40 PM.

  17. #17
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,491
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    second amendment says nothing about conceal carry! they dont suport second amendment if they dont suport open carry!!!!!!!!!!
    xd-out
    It's Texas - OC of a handgun is not legal there.

    We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SNIP We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's why we all support a Bill of Rights provision that had at its heart regime change in case the regime became too oppressive with its laws.

    Which, I guess really means there is more than one way to get the law changed.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,491
    There is a purpose to every season.

    You're learning to read between the wines quite well.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-15-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added thought.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There is a purpose to every season.

    You're learning to read between the wines quite well.
    As I recall, your state went a little further--not only quitting the compact, but tryin' to chase out the oppressors when they wouldn't leave.

    Those brass napoleans you play with were not the North's favorite artillery.

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    As I recall, your state went a little further--not only quitting the compact, but tryin' to chase out the oppressors when they wouldn't leave.

    Those brass napoleans you play with were not the North's favorite artillery.
    I knew a gentleman of your caliber would not elevate the baser castings on which some were known to rely. Load two bags and depress more than before a notch or two. Stand at ready.

    The fight has only just begun.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-15-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    16,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I knew a gentleman of your caliber would not elevate the baser castings on which some were known to rely. Load two bags and depress more than before a notch or two. Stand at ready.

    The fight has only just begun.

  23. #23
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It's Texas - OC of a handgun is not legal there.

    We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?
    i know its not legal to oc in texas. my point is , you should beable to oc in all 50 states! states how dont allow it, really dont beleive in consitution. thats just my opinion.
    xd-out
    Last edited by crdonov; 08-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    i know its not legal to oc in texas. my point is , you should beable to oc in all 50 states! states how dont allow it, really dont beleive in consitution. thats just my opinion.
    xd-out
    You're painting with a might broad brush there, pardner. In TX, and everywhere else, there are plenty of people working to bring about constitutional carry. AZ only recently wised up to it. You think they all don't believe in the constitution because they havn't gotten there yet? I think just about everyone on this forum agrees on how it SHOULD be, re: firearm laws, but the reality is most places aren't there yet. The gun community overall has had two HUGE victories in the courts recently. That's slowly paving the way towards universal constitutional carry, but there's still a long fight left. Don't go grouping one bunch of people from a state together. That bank is just doing its small part, if OC in TX were legal, I bet they'd be down with that too. It's just a bank, not an advocacy group.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  25. #25
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    You're painting with a might broad brush there, pardner. In TX, and everywhere else, there are plenty of people working to bring about constitutional carry. AZ only recently wised up to it. You think they all don't believe in the constitution because they havn't gotten there yet? I think just about everyone on this forum agrees on how it SHOULD be, re: firearm laws, but the reality is most places aren't there yet. The gun community overall has had two HUGE victories in the courts recently. That's slowly paving the way towards universal constitutional carry, but there's still a long fight left. Don't go grouping one bunch of people from a state together. That bank is just doing its small part, if OC in TX were legal, I bet they'd be down with that too. It's just a bank, not an advocacy group.
    just voicing my opinion.
    xd-out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •