• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Bank gets it right!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As I recall, your state went a little further--not only quitting the compact, but tryin' to chase out the oppressors when they wouldn't leave. :D

Those brass napoleans you play with were not the North's favorite artillery. :D

I knew a gentleman of your caliber would not elevate the baser castings on which some were known to rely. Load two bags and depress more than before a notch or two. Stand at ready.

The fight has only just begun.

Last edited:

crdonov

It's Texas - OC of a handgun is not legal there.

We do support obeying the law and working to get it changed - right?

i know its not legal to oc in texas. my point is , you should beable to oc in all 50 states! states how dont allow it, really dont beleive in consitution. thats just my opinion.
xd-out

Last edited:

Metalhead47

i know its not legal to oc in texas. my point is , you should beable to oc in all 50 states! states how dont allow it, really dont beleive in consitution. thats just my opinion.
xd-out

You're painting with a might broad brush there, pardner. In TX, and everywhere else, there are plenty of people working to bring about constitutional carry. AZ only recently wised up to it. You think they all don't believe in the constitution because they havn't gotten there yet? I think just about everyone on this forum agrees on how it SHOULD be, re: firearm laws, but the reality is most places aren't there yet. The gun community overall has had two HUGE victories in the courts recently. That's slowly paving the way towards universal constitutional carry, but there's still a long fight left. Don't go grouping one bunch of people from a state together. That bank is just doing its small part, if OC in TX were legal, I bet they'd be down with that too. It's just a bank, not an advocacy group.

crdonov

You're painting with a might broad brush there, pardner. In TX, and everywhere else, there are plenty of people working to bring about constitutional carry. AZ only recently wised up to it. You think they all don't believe in the constitution because they havn't gotten there yet? I think just about everyone on this forum agrees on how it SHOULD be, re: firearm laws, but the reality is most places aren't there yet. The gun community overall has had two HUGE victories in the courts recently. That's slowly paving the way towards universal constitutional carry, but there's still a long fight left. Don't go grouping one bunch of people from a state together. That bank is just doing its small part, if OC in TX were legal, I bet they'd be down with that too. It's just a bank, not an advocacy group.

just voicing my opinion.
xd-out

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
just voicing my opinion.
xd-out

Still it works so much better to praise people for the good that they do and encourage them to do more it. Pointing out their short comings only alienates them.

This is where I have a problem when someone suggests that when another is not 100% on board that they are the enemy or at least an enabler. Better to educate and convert them over time than to drive them further away and hence more solidly opposed to us.

crdonov

Still it works so much better to praise people for the good that they do and encourage them to do more it. Pointing out their short comings only alienates them.

This is where I have a problem when someone suggests that when another is not 100% on board that they are the enemy or at least an enabler. Better to educate and convert them over time than to drive them further away and hence more solidly opposed to us.

well hopefully tx will become an oc state! sorry for my opinion!
xd-out

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
well hopefully tx will become an oc state! sorry for my opinion!
xd-out

No no - not to be sorry for having such thoughts.

We likely share most if not all of them. Sometimes it is just how or where we vocalize them. Wasn't flaming you at all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Load two bags and depress more than before a notch or two. Stand at ready. The fight has only just begun.

Check out Civil War Times, Oct 2010. The article about "The Man Who Never Met a Cannon He Didn't Like" could have been written about you. :):p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Check out Civil War Times, Oct 2010. The article about "The Man Who Never Met a Cannon He Didn't Like" could have been written about you. :):p

My hero - Charlie Smithgall

BBQ and cannon shoot Lancaster, Pa.
http://smithgall4mayor.com/cannon.asp

canoons.jpg

KBCraig

I managed to find and listen to the NRA News with the bank president (man, what a horrible piece of suckage that website is!).

The bank president said he's had a couple of negative comments, mostly from competing bankers. He's also had several people tell him they were closing their other accounts and moving them to his bank.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I managed to find and listen to the NRA News with the bank president (man, what a horrible piece of suckage that website is!).

The bank president said he's had a couple of negative comments, mostly from competing bankers. He's also had several people tell him they were closing their other accounts and moving them to his bank.

Link to the video interview with the bank president - not bad at all. :)
http://www.nranews.com/videos/TX+Banks+New+Sign+Encourages+Lawful+Concealed+Carry+Smith.aspx

Other banks will hopefully take notice and learn something.

tmoorhead

Obeying the law

Yes we do, but is an unconstitutional law anything other than our government breaking the law?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Yes we do, but is an unconstitutional law anything other than our government breaking the law?

Options available:

a - Obey the law and do nothing to change it.

b - Obey the law and work to change it.

c - Do not obey the law and pay the price.

I am convinced that Texans will see open carry in the foreseeable future and possibly constitutional carry. It won't be easy, but it is attainable.

tmoorhead

Options available:

a - Obey the law and do nothing to change it.

b - Obey the law and work to change it.

c - Do not obey the law and pay the price.

I am convinced that Texans will see open carry in the foreseeable future and possibly constitutional carry. It won't be easy, but it is attainable.

a - Sad that this is the most common response.

b - Get out the shovels. The wise choice, as it is difficult to work to change the law as you are dealing with the results of choice c.

c - Also sad but true.