Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun hoarders

Gun hoarders

I just watched a show about hoarding. A guy had over 50 weapons. Rifles, wheel guns, semi auto pistols, shotguns. Anyone like that here?
    I only have 5 pistols. How many do you have?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member
    Probably not many here fit that description anymore. Starting a few years ago there was a long string of tragic boating accidents. Seemed to affect mainly OCers. Vast numbers of guns were lost. No lives or dogs. Just guns. Most never tried to rebuild their hoard arsenal collections.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-09-2010 at 11:36 PM.

no one but my family will ever know. But I will say that I have more then will fit in my large gun safe.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    no one but my family will ever know. But I will say that I have more then will fit in my large gun safe.
    Now, see. That right there is a tragic boating accident just waiting to happen.

I had a bunch but sadly I lost them all in a tragic boating accident (those seem to happen a lot), all that I am left with is a single shot .22 rifle.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

It wasn't my intention to bring up any bad memories. This is the first I heard about any boat accidents. Truely a sad loss.
    I gave away 3 deer rifles, 3 pistols and a compound bow. I made the new owners promise to clean them and sing to them every month. I did make sure they went to a good home.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    ...along with every government agent who hates the second amendment and is hell bent on seeing its complete and total demise. But hey, registration has nothing to do with confiscation.

only one has registration. but all are legal.

Sounds like a new attempt to label anyone that has a gun collection with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" paints these people as having severe issues. Now, they are calling 50 guns hoarding? Having 50 firearms is not a huge number by no means.

Has anyone called Jay Leno a hoarder? He has over 50 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    Sounds like a new attempt to label anyone that has a gun collection with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" paints these people as having severe issues. Now, they are calling 50 guns hoarding? Having 50 firearms is not a huge number by no means.

Has anyone called Jay Leno a hoarder? He has over 50 cars.
    It is amazing how people think. My aunt has over a thousand toy trolls. She is not sick. Just likes them.

I have started collecting guns! I hope by the time I move on my kids will be able to open a small museum with my collection. He he. I LOVE guns. They have so much going for them. History. Technology. Complex mechanical operation. Skill to use. A tool for defense or if needed offense. Value. Oh boy I could go on.

Having a thousand guns would not sound crazy to me. Only how you USE one or a hundred would make me think your crazy.

Sadly I lost all my guns last year in a boating accident. I miss them dearly. I'm waiting for the Government to loan me a few of theirs. So that I may exercise my rights.

I too have lost many guns to that demon from the deep, but I confess I am an ammo hoarder.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Unhappy All those boating accidents

All I can say is what an irresponsible group you must be for all of you to lose your guns the same way.
    Even if they were all accidents you should have taken some precautions. Now in my case there was nothing I
    could have done. When the aliens abducted me and did a bunch of experiments on me (not all of them that
    objectionable by the way) they released me after all but my last memory of it was a bunch of skinny grey
    dudes carrying black rifles and pistols. When I found my way home the guns were all gone. I was too
    embarrassed to report the theft especially considering the experiments and all.

Quote Originally Posted by wewd View Post
    I had a bunch but sadly I lost them all in a tragic boating accident (those seem to happen a lot), all that I am left with is a single shot .22 rifle.
    I lost mine in a boating accident too. The only thing I have now is a .177 Pellet rifle.

Is there some law concerning how many guns one can own. I see everyone is reluctant to say.
    I had a boat, but I lost custody of it in a divorce. I escaped with all my guns.

Some say I have too many, others not enough. I say I have a diverse and functional collection.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Sp I pose the question. Are too many gun enough? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Is there some law concerning how many guns one can own. I see everyone is reluctant to say.
    I had a boat, but I lost custody of it in a divorce. I escaped with all my guns.
    Ha good one.

I have never heard of a limit to how many guns one may own. But I don't put it past the government to try.

I have read more then one storie about how many guns were taken off the "street" when a fellow gun owner gets busted for somthing.

One case I remember in particular is when a wife left a man that had a large collection of guns. She called the police to say she was in fear of her life. The swat raided his home and had a press conference to show how many guns they took off the STREET. He was only charged with discharging a firearm within city limits.

The guns were NOT on the street. They were all lawfully owned.

If you have a lot of guns I'm jellous. The government will Likely call you a dangerous person.
    BS in my opinion.

Some folks brag about how many guns they own.
    Loose lips sink ships.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Something tells me that when you have too many...you'll know...they'll make sure you know.

All I know is you've got to

many guns, if they all don't fit in your safe, you can't name them by caliber or maker, you haven't seen your H & K .45 in awhile, and you finally had to make a master list just to be on the safe side. It's not how many guns you have, but how many bullets you have.

Founder's Club Member
    Is there some law concerning how many guns one can own.
    However much height ya got between the gunwale and the surface of the water.

Once you are "over the top" of the gunwale, you have violated a Law of Nature--that something will float only as long as it weighs less than the volume of water it is trying to displace.

Then you experience asset forfeiture by Mother Nature, otherwise known as a tragic boating accident.

Out there in gunland, there is everything from a dingy to a battle ship.
    I lost all my boats in a gunfight.

Founder's Club Member
    Out there in gunland, there is everything from a dingy to a battle ship.
    I lost all my boats in a gunfight.
    Hahahahahahahahahaahaa!!

So, you were a boat hoarder, huh?

Read this and tell me if he was a gun hoarder.

http://mystateline.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=185655

Think this guy will ever get all of his guns back. Crazy to think they are conducting an investigation into someones property with no warrant or probable cause. This is very scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast