• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun hoarders

Gundude

I just watched a show about hoarding. A guy had over 50 weapons. Rifles, wheel guns, semi auto pistols, shotguns. Anyone like that here?
I only have 5 pistols. How many do you have?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Probably not many here fit that description anymore. Starting a few years ago there was a long string of tragic boating accidents. Seemed to affect mainly OCers. Vast numbers of guns were lost. No lives or dogs. Just guns. Most never tried to rebuild their [strike]hoard[/strike] [strike]arsenal[/strike] collections.

Last edited:

wewd

I had a bunch but sadly I lost them all in a tragic boating accident (those seem to happen a lot), all that I am left with is a single shot .22 rifle.

Gundude

It wasn't my intention to bring up any bad memories. This is the first I heard about any boat accidents. Truely a sad loss.
I gave away 3 deer rifles, 3 pistols and a compound bow. I made the new owners promise to clean them and sing to them every month. I did make sure they went to a good home.

rscottie

Sounds like a new attempt to label anyone that has a gun collection with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" paints these people as having severe issues. Now, they are calling 50 guns hoarding? Having 50 firearms is not a huge number by no means.

Has anyone called Jay Leno a hoarder? He has over 50 cars.

ryanburbridge

Sounds like a new attempt to label anyone that has a gun collection with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" paints these people as having severe issues. Now, they are calling 50 guns hoarding? Having 50 firearms is not a huge number by no means.

Has anyone called Jay Leno a hoarder? He has over 50 cars.

It is amazing how people think. My aunt has over a thousand toy trolls. She is not sick. Just likes them.

I have started collecting guns! I hope by the time I move on my kids will be able to open a small museum with my collection. He he. I LOVE guns. They have so much going for them. History. Technology. Complex mechanical operation. Skill to use. A tool for defense or if needed offense. Value. Oh boy I could go on.

Having a thousand guns would not sound crazy to me. Only how you USE one or a hundred would make me think your crazy.

Sadly I lost all my guns last year in a boating accident. I miss them dearly. I'm waiting for the Government to loan me a few of theirs. So that I may exercise my rights.

DEFENSOR

All those boating accidents

All I can say is what an irresponsible group you must be for all of you to lose your guns the same way.
Even if they were all accidents you should have taken some precautions. Now in my case there was nothing I
could have done. When the aliens abducted me and did a bunch of experiments on me (not all of them that
objectionable by the way) they released me after all but my last memory of it was a bunch of skinny grey
dudes carrying black rifles and pistols. When I found my way home the guns were all gone. I was too
embarrassed to report the theft especially considering the experiments and all.

Gundude

Is there some law concerning how many guns one can own. I see everyone is reluctant to say.
I had a boat, but I lost custody of it in a divorce. I escaped with all my guns.

ryanburbridge

Is there some law concerning how many guns one can own. I see everyone is reluctant to say.
I had a boat, but I lost custody of it in a divorce. I escaped with all my guns.

Ha good one.

I have never heard of a limit to how many guns one may own. But I don't put it past the government to try.

I have read more then one storie about how many guns were taken off the "street" when a fellow gun owner gets busted for somthing.

One case I remember in particular is when a wife left a man that had a large collection of guns. She called the police to say she was in fear of her life. The swat raided his home and had a press conference to show how many guns they took off the STREET. He was only charged with discharging a firearm within city limits.

The guns were NOT on the street. They were all lawfully owned.

If you have a lot of guns I'm jellous. The government will Likely call you a dangerous person.
BS in my opinion.

KAISER-MAN

All I know is you've got to

many guns, if they all don't fit in your safe, you can't name them by caliber or maker, you haven't seen your H & K .45 in awhile, and you finally had to make a master list just to be on the safe side. It's not how many guns you have, but how many bullets you have.