• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another reason to carry in Leesburg: Serial stabber on the loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock27Bill

Police think there's a single perp stabbing folks in Michigan, Ohio and VA.

<snip>
"We now believe there are 15 stabbings potentially attributed to the same suspect," Leyton announced Monday.

The three attacks in Leesburg occurred August 3, 5 and 6.

The stabbing in Ohio occurred August 7, according to Sgt. Bill Wauford of the Toledo Police Department.

Officials in Michigan say the attacker is believed to be driving a Chevy Blazer or GMC Jimmy, model years 1995-2005, with a two-tone green top over a beige or gold bottom. Virginia authorities provided a similar description: an older model 1995-2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a dark green upper and a lighter tan or beige color on the lower panels.

The suspect is described as a stocky, unshaven white man usually wearing a baseball cap.

"We know he is a strong individual," Leyton said, adding that the suspect is "preying on individuals who are alone on the street."

The Michigan victims' ages have ranged from 17 to 60 years old, according to Leyton. All of the victims have been men, and in two cases they were people with special needs.

Price said the Virginia victims "all appear to have been smaller in stature or more of an older age than our suspect –– in other words, people that he thinks he can physically handle."
[/snip]

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/09/michigan.virginia.stabbings/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
snip
Price said the Virginia victims "all appear to have been smaller in stature or more of an older age than our suspect –– in other words, people that he thinks he can physically handle."
Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks. T. Jefferson

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Leesburg Police Announce Person of Interest in Custody in Connection to Serial Stab

Over the past week investigators from the Michigan Task Force, Leesburg Police Department, Toledo Police Dept, the FBI, and numerous other law enforcement agencies, have worked tirelessly investigating leads and tips from the public.

Late yesterday afternoon one of those tips developed into a strong investigative lead that identified an individual who has ties to both the Flint, Michigan and Leesburg, Virginia areas. Investigators from the Michigan Task Force, Leesburg and the FBI worked this lead through the night. A person of interest was taken into custody. He is currently being held on unrelated charges.

While this is a key step in the investigation, there are still many issues that need to be addressed before we identify this individual as the person responsible for this horrific crime spree.

All agencies and investigators continue to work closely to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion. As more information is solidified, additional information will be released. The involved agencies and jurisdictions want to thank the media and the public for their continued assistance and support in this investigation

Sent to All users - E-mail accounts, Pagers, Cell phones through Alert Loudoun

... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network

Dreamer

Mossad deep-cover agent that "snapped", I'd venture to guess...

This one will get buried quickly, mark my words...

Interesting thing about his attempted airline flight in Atlanta--Israel (his intended destination) has no extradition treaty with the US.

Others have committed murder in the US, then fled to Israel and claimed Israeli citizenship to avoid extradition and prosecution. Remember the case of Samuel Sheinbein in 1997, where he and a classmate murdered, dismembered and attempted to incinerate the remains of a classmate? His father Sol Sheinbein held dual US/Israeli citizenship, and helped him escape the US. He (Samuel) is now serving a 24 year sentence in Israel, and will be eligible for parole in 2013...

And although Israel doesn't have extradition treaties with MANY Western countries, that has never stopped them from sending in special agents to kidnap suspects--in violation of international law--and bring them back to Israel for trial.

If we did that to someone hiding out in Israel, it would be an "international incident". But when Israel does it, it's perfectly acceptable, and anyone who criticizes it is branded an "anti-semite"...

Some great "ally" Israel is, huh?

Virginiaplanter

Terrorist?

His last name is Abu Elazam. He is a from a mixed Arab/ Jewish town called Ramel. Abu is an Arab name. Michigan has the largest Muslim population in the United States and so it would make sense that he had relatives in Michigan and visited there. Was he on a jihad?

45acpForMe

Generally not the destination of a Muslim.

There are muslims in Israel and they are treated better than muslims in other countries. And MUCH better than any Jew or Christian is treated in muslim countries. The muslims in Israel have citizenship and can vote.

He may just turn out to be a nut-case though.

45acpForMe

interesting. Now he's Christian nobody seems to think his religion is relevant.

It isn't relevant. If he was raised to be Christian he didn't make the leap to being a Christian because everything he did is 100% against the teaching of Christianity. Of course if he professes to be a Christian the lame-stream-media will be all over it as finally their example of a Christian-terrorist.

Now if he were muslim and doing the same thing he could honestly say he was simply following his holy book's instructions.

45acpForMe

No... No he couldn't. cite please.

Here are a few:

"make war" against them so they might be sent to their "homes in hell." (Surah 9:73)
Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123
Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39
It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67
Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

I don't know of any other religion that converts by the sword.

Now I assume you are going to say what an "inward" struggle jihad is and all. It doesn't seem that the 9/11 terrorists saw it as an inward struggle did they?

I am also sure that you can quote some peaceful surah's from the koran too. The problem is that the later Surah's that contradict the earlier ones are held with more weight. Through history as islam was smaller and weaker it boasted peaceful coexistence. As it gained strength it transformed to converting by the sword and killing all enemies. It is also a religion that allows lying to advance itself so I can't believe anything you or any other muslim says to placate us.

In my opinion muslims themselves have been deceived and I hope they wake up. Oh another thing, what other religion calls for the death penalty for someone who leaves their religion?

simmonsjoe

My responses in blue

Here are a few:

[strike]"make war" against them so they might be sent to their "homes in hell."[/strike]O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination. (Surah 9:73)
This is as incorrect quote. This is God specifically telling the prophet Mohommed to try and convert as many people as possible to save them from hell.
[strike]Fight unbelievers who are near to you.[/strike] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil). 9:123
Incomplete, and Specifically does not state kill or make war. It also says you should not make friends with them after it says fight them. This is talking about debating and contradicting idolaters. (If one is talking in public, and you overhear them, do not let them go unchallenged about their beliefs.)
Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - [strike]33:60[/strike]
This is surah 33:64, note all people of the book believe in this.
[strike]Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme[/strike]And war with them until there is no more persecution as religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do. - 8:39
This is also a misquote. A big one. This line actually states to make war until there is no persecution of believers in God's religion by Idolaters. It further stipulates if they continue to perform idolatry after persecution has stopped, God sees what they do. (this means it is His concern) (This means it is not OK to continue war on idolaters who aren't persecuting believers.)
[strike]It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land.[/strike]It is not fit for a prophet that he should take captives unless he has fought and triumphed in the land. - 8:67
This is ALSO A MISQUOTE. It states the Prophet may not take slaves or prisoners except those of war. (In Islam, slaves may only legally be obtained from the refugees of war. Their terms are not always lifetime, and their children are not slaves, but must still be provided for. They are also not to be sold. Even more so there were practical reasons for this, given the times.)
Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle(Prophet) are free from [strike]obligations[/strike] treaties to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3
First part is irrelevant since their are no Prophets till Jesus returns. Second part says you should inform non-believers of the punishment for disbelief(warn them about hell), same as Christians do.

I don't know of any other religion that converts by the sword.
There is no compulsion in religion. 2:256
Whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. 18:29
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. 109:6

Now I assume you are going to say what an "inward" struggle jihad is and all. It doesn't seem that the 9/11 terrorists saw it as an inward struggle did they? Stop relating these people to me. They were crazy. Just because they claimed to be Muslim doesn't make us the same. I am just as much a victim of 9/11 as any other American. You don't see me comparing you to so-called Christians who blow up clinics and assassinate doctors.

I am also sure that you can quote some peaceful surah's from the koran too. [highlight]The problem is that the later Surah's that contradict the earlier ones are held with more weight[/highlight]. (cite please? this is not true) Through history as islam was smaller and weaker it boasted peaceful coexistence. As it gained strength it transformed to converting by the sword and killing all enemies. [highlight]It is also a religion that allows lying to advance itself[/highlight](CITE PLEASE this is not true. In Islam you may only lie to an opponent DURING battle, (except about discussing terms). At no other time is it acceptable.) so I can't believe anything you or any other muslim says to placate us.(Nice cop-out)

In my opinion muslims themselves have been deceived and I hope they wake up. Oh another thing, what other religion calls for the [highlight]death penalty for someone who leaves their religion?[/highlight](cite please)
I would also like to make note, Surah 9 is called "The Immunity" and it deals with a specific time during Mohommad's life. Muslims were a persecuted minority at this time. This dealt how to go about fighting for freedom from persecution. It required the Muslims to wait 4 months, It required you could not fight against an Idolater until you had taught him about God. It also stated you could not fight Idolaters who made a treaty with you and held their end of the bargain and did not work against you.(see 9:4, which is an exemption from 9:3) This Surah has a lot of information, much of it valid, but some of it is historical as it deals with a specific gameplan to a specific event, and will not correlate to modern times well as an overall chapter. It can be a little challenging, but you can read it here. It should be referenced for general guidance, and carefully for modern day interpretation. Understand some things may seem ambiguous as portions of other chapters affect the understanding of this chapter.

For instance, the slavery issue. You may not realize, but during this time, Mohommad and his followers were under tribal laws. If a faction broke a treaty their lives were forfeit upon losing a fight. That means women and children too, usually. These tribes were rather small, and if they lost a fight, most or all of the men would be dead. The women and children and remaining men were killed because there was nobody left to take care of them. Islam however, took them into indentured servitude (A form of slavery not similar to American slavery) instead. Most were eventually freed and were assimilated into the community.

As with the Old and New testaments, taking a line out of context rarely gives you any truth. Slightly mis-quote it and it means whatever you want. The same bastardizations 45AcpForMe used (unintentionally, I'm sure), is how Al'Queda and other terrorist twist Islam to their will. Hopefully everyone who reads this will learn from it, as perpetuating these falsities only helps the terrorist/extremest groups recruit.

A Note for reading, Believers, people of the book, God's/Allah's religion does not refer to Islam, but Christians and Jews and followers of Mohommad. similarly 'Idolater' does not include Christians and Jews or any of the religions of Adam. The Qu'ran tells us there were 400 prophets. Obviously we don't know who they all are, so you can't simply say anyone who doesn't believe A-Z is an idolater.

Last edited:

simmonsjoe

So you listen to someone who hates Muslims tell you about my religion?? Cause there is a good source of info! The only citation's that have any bearing are the Qu'ran. Nothing else.

Meanwhile I love Christians and Jews and you shun me like I'm a ******* terrorist.

Way to choose hate, the weak minds cure-all. The truth can be too difficult sometimes, so you just hold on to that hate like a flotation device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.