Thread: WOW is this legal??? FAKE PASSPORTS and DL.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

WOW is this legal??? FAKE PASSPORTS and DL.

See the FAQ, they say then can be used as real passports.

http://www.passportclone.com/
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post

http://www.passportclone.com/
    Is it per chance possible that they are saying this in order to indicate the quality of the document, rather than the illegality? I say this because they recommend using the "documentation duplication service".

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I am not sure if possession of such fake documents is illegal but I assure you that to attempt to use either of them would be a crime!

And while fake drivers licenses are the purview of every 16 year old who wants to buy his first beer, I imagine that attempting to use a fake passport would fall under the category of "Send me to Gitmo please".

This disclaimer is on the bottom of the website.
    "For entertainment only. Not a government document."
    My guess is that this disclaimer or a similar one will be found in a somewhat hidden part of the document. Like in the "restrictions" on the back of a drivers license.

This may make it legal in some states and countries.

Either that or the website is based in some 3rd world country and the only one breaking any laws would be the one who orders it.

The other thing that comes to mind is that it could just be a complete scam and you will be sending a a bunch of cash and all your personal info to some ID theft ring in Nigeria
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

McX
    i'm going to get me one saying that i'm a citizen of bora-bora! and list my name as: S.D. Pliskin! I'll be able to buy alot of beer with that one!

I would not try crossing any borders with those...

Though I believe it is 100% legal to have one or more alias. You do not have to use your real name at all... provided you do not try to do anything illegal with it like attempt to defraud the government.

You can have a drivers license with another name as long as you use it legally... AFAIK, IANAL

These companies pop up every once in a while and disappear a few months later. So when you don't get the product as they promised, what are you going to do... sue them?
    The reason they use the methods of payment that they do is because there is no way to get your money back once it's sent.

Just remember, a fool and his money are soon parted

PS the pics they use as "samples" are taken from various websites on the 'net. 'nuff said.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Yeah, I actually almost bought into these sites when I was 16 looking to buy booze. Luckily I had the foresight to use google, and found hundreds of kids like my that were wondering why they never got thier ID and why the company wont return thier calls.
    Last edited by flagellum; 08-10-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Lol

This is a 100% scam site. Need proof?? They only accept western union and moneygram.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

McX
    probably listed on ebay too!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I am not sure if possession of such fake documents is illegal but I assure you that to attempt to use either of them would be a crime! And while fake drivers licenses are the purview of every 16 year old who wants to buy his first beer, I imagine that attempting to use a fake passport would fall under the category of "Send me to Gitmo please".
    I have recently acquired a passport-card and relegated my (not Real-ID compliant yet) drivers license to the Papieren-packet of auto registration, insurance proof and, now, drivers license. Thus I have separated my drivers license from a hypothetical demand for ID papers.

I plan to acquire GOES NEXUS documentation in anticipation of Wisconsin's CCW permitting requirement to demonstrate that another layer of bureaucracy is not needed.

BINGO! Buy that man a cigar.

Yep it is a scam and probably based in Nigeria, or Russia.

The site owner is blocked. So we can't even see who they are. My guessing is to email them and wait for a return email then open the source of the email, and see where it comes from, my guess it will be a gmail return address, or some .ru or .cc source to name a few.

To find out who owns a site go to www.whois.is

Domain Name: passportclone.com

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Expiration Date: 2012-05-20
    Creation Date: 2009-08-18
    Last Update Date: 2010-05-20

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    This is a 100% scam site. Need proof?? They only accept western union and moneygram.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 08-11-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Usually fake ID is legal as a novelty, and illegal when used as ID. So having it hanging in picture frame at home isn't a problem, but producing it as ID gets you in a world of trouble depending on what you used it for.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy4count View Post
    I would not try crossing any borders with those...

Though I believe it is 100% legal to have one or more alias. You do not have to use your real name at all... provided you do not try to do anything illegal with it like attempt to defraud the government.

You can have a drivers license with another name as long as you use it legally... AFAIK, IANAL
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    ...and list my name as: S.D. Pliskin!
    "Snake Plissken? I thought you were dead!"
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    BINGO! Buy that man a cigar.

Yep it is a scam and probably based in Nigeria, or Russia.

People, this isn't rocket science, on the "Quality & Cost" page of this site, it gives their business addresses:

http://www.passportclone.com/quality.html

We are based in, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina, as set out below.

PASSPORTCLONE S.A

Av. das Nacoes Unidas 12955

Sao Paulo, Brazil 04578-000

PASSPORTCLONE S.A.

Av. Macacha Guemes 355

Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

C1106BKG, Argentina 

PASSPORTCLONE S.A.

Calle Tiahuanaco Nº 64

La Paz, Bolivia
    Brazil, Argentina, and Bolivia, combined with blocked WHOIS info--this is obviously being run by a bunch of old Nazis who are in hiding out in South America...

Or the CIA...

Would you like a "Paperclip" to go with that fake passport, mein herr?...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 08-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

We are based in, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina, as set out below.

PASSPORTCLONE S.A

Av. das Nacoes Unidas 12955

Sao Paulo, Brazil 04578-000
    Well of Course it's legit. They're in a very reputable address, the same as Whirlpool SA
    Whirlpool SA
    Av. Das Nacoes Unidas, 12955
    32 Floor
    Sao Paulo, 04578-000
    Brazil
    P: +55 11 55 86 61 00
    F: +55 11 55 86 64 84