• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to this

littlewolf

ON in Appleton

If you don't see a sign, its OC friendly
Fox River Mall has a No weapon policy posted at the Main enterance around the corner from the Scheels enterance.
I had my empty holster on in scheels and one of the sales guys in the gun dept. told me they don't recomend oc in the store.but it's in the mall?

littlewolf

I'm not certain what is your point. The Mall is the property owner and the stores are the tenants subject to their contract with the landlord.

I guess my point is the Mall is OFF LIMITS for OC and the guy at Sheels doesn't know what he's talking about..?

CJE

I guess my point is the Mall is OFF LIMITS for OC and the guy at Sheels doesn't know what he's talking about..?

Thank you for the heads up! I went into Scheel to pick up my holster and I had asked one of the guys int he gun department if he could give me any info if people OC in Appleton and the guy laughed at me and told me that it was dumb and I WOULD be arrested for it. I simply nodded my head and walked away.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Thank you for the heads up! I went into Scheel to pick up my holster and I had asked one of the guys int he gun department if he could give me any info if people OC in Appleton and the guy laughed at me and told me that it was dumb and I WOULD be arrested for it. I simply nodded my head and walked away.

Sounds like I going to Scheel's in Appleton to EDUCATE them that OC IS LEGAL.

Deek

Since when did the Fox River mall post that?... I was there a couple of weeks ago and didnt see anything. Then again, I generally go in thru the sheels entrance... I dont have much of a reason to go into the mall proper. been in sheels at least half a dozen times w/ no problems. I hope this isn't a new thing. I'd hate to have to take them off the list of places to shop at

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
CJE, I'm glad you posted that response. Honesty, sometimes I think we assume everyone knows OC is legal. (I do) and then you get a situation like this.

Thanks for being an ambassador. Carry on.

logan

Campaign Veteran

And the sales people at Scheels are supposed to be professionals in their field...

Deek

While out and about yesterday, i went out to the mall to check out the sign and sure enough, " No firearms or illegal weapons". Not sure how long thats been there, but how would sheels explain the fact that you can bring in gun for repair, appraisal, to sell etc. as long as it's in a case, (and you dont have to check it in.... been there, done that) and then say you can't OC?. Like that would stop someone bent on evil from doing anything. Another case where an visible weapon would (could) keep the foolishness down to a minimum....

Until Sheels tells me to stop......

littlewolf

Since when did the Fox River mall post that?... I was there a couple of weeks ago and didnt see anything. Then again, I generally go in thru the sheels entrance... I dont have much of a reason to go into the mall proper. been in sheels at least half a dozen times w/ no problems. I hope this isn't a new thing. I'd hate to have to take them off the list of places to shop at

It's a very small green sign with the mall policy printed in very small font on the left hand side of the main enterance between the doors. after the sale guy at told me that it wasn't a good idea ,I checked on the way out. If your not looking for the sign you would not see it!

BROKENSPROKET

Fox River Mall has a No weapon policy posted at the Main enterance around the corner from the Scheels enterance.
I had my empty holster on in scheels and one of the sales guys in the gun dept. told me they don't recomend oc in the store.but it's in the mall?

Oakwood Mall in Eau Claire has a no gun policy and Scheels is located and has two entrances, one from in the mall and the other from the parking lot. Scheel's has no issue with OC, they even sponsored the OC Picnic I organized.

CJE

So just to get this straight, basically you can not carry in the mall and not in Scheels do to the sign posted on the door or does that sign pertain to the mall part?

johnny amish

The guy at Scheels is a dipshart, you have nothing to worry about as long as you stay within the laws. Carry on and carry proud.