Thread: Mr. Mark Neumann Does walk the walk

Mr. Mark Neumann Does walk the walk

Last night, I attended Mr Mark Neumann town hall meeting, an I'll give you Three guesses, an the first two don't count, on what I was wearing on my hip ?

It was a good turn out. I did get there a bit early, around 6pm [started at 6:30 ] an stood around talking with his roadies untill people started showing up.I got a couple of look see's an when we took or seats two men behind we were reading off of one of Mr Neumann info sheets, stating his position on conceal carry. When one said to the other one, I bet you that guy would love to see this happen. Then other guy said, what do you mean, the other guy must of pointed to my hip because the other guy just said oh yea.

Mr. Neumann had a good Q&A going, an when I stood up ask a question, it was all eye contact all the way..

It was a great night, no leo's, no press around to turn it into a three ring circus, just a bunch of people getting to know the candidate..

I've got to cut this short for now, BUT i'm not done with the SHERATON just yet!!!!

Range Rat, hat off to you for standing up for the rights of all the citizens in this state even if some don't appreciate it. We do, carry on and carry proud.

McX
    right on!

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    Last night, I attended Mr Mark Neumann town hall meeting, an I'll give you Three guesses, an the first two don't count, on what I was wearing on my hip ?
    A cell phone? A calculator? A slide rule?

Good job!!

I'm voting for him in the primary.

what did you find out? How does he feel about a constitutional (no license/permit required) carry?
    Its great that you feel all fuzzy and warm about him, but what did he say that gave you that impression?

I will be honest, I don't like Neumann, but if he will get Wisconsin out of the Doyle ages and into the 22nd century I would consider voting for him. I was planning on voting for Walker, as he was the first Republican candidate that I felt had at least some chance of winning (was before Doyle stated would not run for re-election) but I am not enamored with him. I am honestly not that concerned about Doyle's minion, I don't think he will win. Doesn't mean I won't fight against him though!!!! If I can get something I can get my teeth into, I will consider a change vote.

Question What Did He Say?

[QUOTE=bigdaddy1;1328816]what did you find out? How does he feel about a constitutional (no license/permit required) carry?
    Its great that you feel all fuzzy and warm about him, but what did he say that gave you that impression?

Ask Candidate Newman a Direct and Probing Question.

Candidate Newman is fighting for every vote he can get. As a Wisconsin Citizen, you have the right to ask probing and direct questions of him.

1) Ask him if he would sign a bill that allowed both Open Carry and Concealed Carry based on a Citizen's good judgment. (Constitutional Carry)

2) Ask him if he would support a Concealed Weapon permit bill, that, even with Constitutional Carry, would allow reciprocity with other States so that law abiding Citizens of Utah who hold a permit (that would be me) could carry in WI on the strength of my Utah permit when I visit my family in WI - and so that law abiding Citizens of Wisconsin could likewise carry in other States when on vacation, engaged in business travel, or just want a road trip. (Bad guys do not care why you ended up in their territory, they attack just the same.)

3) Ask him whether, as his party's leader, he would encourage the drafting of a concealed carry bill that was crafted to allow a Wisconsin resident to Constitutionally Carry, open or concealed , AND was non-restrictive enough to allow reciprocity with a maximum number of States. (This is similar but not identical to #2 above.)

4) Ask him whether, as Wisconsin's Governor, he would support and promote a standardized US Legislation that compelled all States to recognize the permits of other States, including non-resident permits.

5) Finally, and this is real important, ask him whether he would sign a "Castle Doctrine" (sometimes called "stand your ground" or "make my day") Bill. Current WI law requires you to surrender control of your home (if you are able) to bad guys rather than defend your home. Castle Doctrine allows true defense of your home.

I would ask him these things myself, but I have recently moved from WI to UT and since I cannot vote for him, he can blow me off. He cannot blow you off.

ASK HIM !

Jim
    Last edited by jpm84092; 08-11-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

McX
    did the facebook thing, still learning how to use it. i'm friends with J.B! nya-nay!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    did the facebook thing, still learning how to use it. i'm friends with J.B! nya-nay!
    So am I, been so longer than you, nya nya

I will check out neumann on FB, see if he will answer any of my questions

McX
    well then daddy, are we chums on there yet? i don't know if i've hit the right buttons!

I am friends with a few carriers, dont know if your on my list. Whats your real name, I can look.

Email

jpm84092

I used your questions and emailed them directly to Mark asking him to take a stance and let us know his position on these matters. i like Mark but if i do not get an answer to the questions i outlined from the 5 or so above then i will vote for micky mouse as usual

lets hope he is true to his words and will support our freedoms
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 08-11-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: keyboard doh!

Banned
    Even though I like Mr. Neumann very much as a candidate, he does need to be educated on several issues including what constitutional carry and castle doctrine are of which he appears ignorant as of his meet and greet in La Crosse last week.

His pat answer when questioned on 2A legislation is "I would have supported the two bills that failed and I will sign any reasonable CC legislation that comes across my desk". This is almost word for word of what I heard him say. While he supports the legislation he is fuzzy on the details and this may be purposeful as the issue could potentially isolate him from moderate republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    jpm84092

I used your questions and emailed them directly to Mark asking him to take a stance and let us know his position on these matters. i like Mark but if i do not get an answer to the questions i outlined from the 5 or so above then i will vote for micky mouse as usual

lets hope he is true to his words and will support our freedoms

-----Original Message-----
    From: mark.neumann@markforgov.com [mailto:mark.neumann@markforgov.com] On Behalf Of J.P. Mason
    Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:16 PM
    To: ME
    Subject: Re: urgent questions

Chip,

Concealed carry does not affect open carry, it gives people the option
    of applying for a license to carry concealed. The shall-issue
    legislation allowed for reciprocity, which is a state decision, not a
    federal issue.

Mark supports the Castle Doctrine.

This has always been Mark's position.

I hope this clears up the issue for you!

Thanks.

well he kind of "clears up the issues" for me and i guess he will sign whatever comes across. i do know one thing and that is i am sure he at this time does not have time to read the vetoed (thanks jimbo) bill(s) and i am in contact with some of the members through my Represenative for our 47th district to get the castle doctrine and a better bill wrote and passed this time. we all have to let them know waht we want. i am not a big fan of PAYING for a RIGHT hence to me that is a form of either taxation or liscensing/// i will vote for mark no matter what at this point.

<rant> I just HATE it when a candidate claims to be "an avid hunter and supporter of the second amendment." Who CARES if someone is an avid hunter? The 2A is NOT about hunting! </rant>

All that says is that both candidates NOW support CC and would sign any CC law that comes to their desk.

This emphasizes that we need this fight to occur at the State Senate and Assembly level. They write the laws, the Governor just signs or vetoes.

That statement from Walker is a little troubling on the honesty front. Walker is saying that Neumann is lying but then goes on to say that Neumann was right. All Neumann was saying is that Walker supported CC and then voted against it.

Walker is calling Neumann a liar even though Neumann isn't lying because Walker is saying the only reason he didn't support CC at that time is that the CC law was passed at 4:00 am. I'm not sure what the time of day has to do with it but whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    http://wisconsinknows.com/2009/09/09...ells-real-lie/

You can spin the troubling honesty front all you want fisher.

I thought we were talking about the argument between Walker and Neumann on CC? WTF does this have to do with that? This may have a bearing on Neumann honesty i general but I was only arguing the CC point.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    All this energy spent arguing about who's more pro-gun Neumann or Walker would be far better spent emailing and calling your local assembly candidates and senate candidates and letting them know how you feel, getting their position, and reporting it back here.

Walker or Neumann won't be writing legislation. I am willing to bet NEITHER is willing to stick their head out and veto anything that comes to their desk that would allow conceal carry. I'm willing to bet NEITHER will be a vocal advocate for non-permit right to carry.

At the end of the day, they will both put their signature on WHATEVER comes to their desk because THAT is the safe political move. Period.

Please contact your local candidates who will be drafting, introducing, debating, amending, and voting on right to carry.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    All this energy spent arguing about who's more pro-gun Neumann or Walker would be far better spent emailing and calling your local assembly candidates and senate candidates and letting them know how you feel, getting their position, and reporting it back here.

Walker or Neumann won't be writing legislation. I am willing to bet NEITHER is willing to stick their head out and veto anything that comes to their desk that would allow conceal carry. I'm willing to bet NEITHER will be a vocal advocate for non-permit right to carry.

At the end of the day, they will both put their signature on WHATEVER comes to their desk because THAT is the safe political move. Period.

Please contact your local candidates who will be drafting, introducing, debating, amending, and voting on right to carry.
    Exactly Nik.

Here are links to the State Senate and Assembly district maps so you know who to contact:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/ltsb/re..._districts.htm

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/ltsb/re..._districts.htm

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Cut from a previous post but worth reposting:

We all know the Governor's race is on the ticket in the fall. Major news media lets us know that daily. But hundreds of State Senate and State Representative Races will be on the November Ballot as well. IS YOUR STATE REP OR STATE SENATOR UP FOR ELECTION IN THE FALL?

Here is a listing of all the races statewide:

http://elections.state.wi.us/docview...18214&locid=47

Legislation is not written by the governor, rather he signs or veto's whatever comes to his desk. Legislation is written by YOUR LOCAL state representatives and state senators The specific of what kind of Conceal Carry bill gets introduced, (or if the current conceal carry ban gets removed) whether a CC bill requires mandatory training, whether it requires a permit, ALL of those specifics will be written by your local State Assembly Persons and local State Senators.

In addition the Governor is part of the executive branch. There are 5,654,774 people that live in Wisconsin. With 1 governor for 5,654,774 people, your odds of having your individual voice heard by the governor and correspondingly legitimate governor candidates is slim to none. Another reason why, combined with the fact that the governor does not write legislation, your local state representatives and state senators do, if you want to have your voice heard and be most effective, your local state representative and senator races are where you should be focusing MOST of your energy. The candidates for these local state representative and state senate races serve MUCH smaller constituencies. These candidates are often elected with just a couple thousand votes, not hundreds of thousands of votes (or millions of votes) like governors are. Your local state reps and state sentators and candidates for those offices DO have the time and purpose to individually respond to YOU as an individual voter. This is where you can make a difference. Take advantage of the representative system of government we have.

IN ADDITION, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE GENERAL ELECTION TO FIND A CANDIDATE WHO SUPPORTS YOUR FREEDOM AND RIGHTS-MINDED POSITIONS. In the primary elections there are often multiple candidates vying for their party spot on the ticket in the general elections. These candidates often have widely varying views. THE PRIMARY ELECTION IS SEPTEMBER 14, 2010.

If you don't know what district you are in or if your state senator and/or state representative from your district is up for election in the fall here are a few tools.

Step 1
    First, find your legislative district and current legislators using the following link:

http://www.legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx

Note your state senate district and state assembly district

Step 2
    Next look at this link to see if your State Assembly Rep and state senators are up for election in the fall

http://elections.state.wi.us/docview...18214&locid=47

Step 3
    If either your state senate district OR state assembly district is up for election in the fall use the link below to find out EVERY candidate (name address and party affiliation) who has officially thrown their hat in the ring.(note, list is updated frequently (weekly) as candidates have until Mid-July to register with the state to run in the primary. Keep checking back for new candidates)

http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/file..._pdf_91814.PDF

Step 4
    Now you know your local reps who are up for election and ALL the people running for their seats. A google search of their name and office they are running for should net a candidates website and contact information. CONTACT these candidates and discuss their specific views on the issues. SHARE YOUR SPECIFIC VIEWS on what you want to see (or not see) in the next legislative session. When you find the candidate who supports your views, ADVOCATE for them amongst your friends, family, co-workers, AND ON THIS FORUM. Remember, these local reps are elected with sometimes just a few thousand (or a few hundred) votes. YOU CAN EASILY sway your district state assembly or state senate race by word of mouth.

We all know internet forums can be a place for useless banter and bickering, but they can also be a place to share a tremendous amount of information and really make a difference.

I challenge everyone here to make THIS thread the most informative thread in the Wisconsin forum for the upcoming fall primary and general election in Wisconsin.

Find your districts, find out if your district has elections for state assembly and state senate. Find out who's the incumbent. Find out who is running in the primary.

Research those people. CONTACT them and share your views.

COME BACK HERE and post the questions you asked and the answers you got so that others IN your district and know who's running and what their positions are and those outside your district and see what kinds of questions you posed and what kinds of responses were gathered.

EVEN if you don't get positive feedback regarding your positions, your polite calls and letters and conversations with these candidates will let them know where their constituents stand on an issue.

For more information on the upcoming Wisconsin Fall Election Cycle visit the Wisconsin Government Accountability Website. Vast amount of election information located here:

http://gab.wi.gov/

Lastly, never hurts to share your membership in Wisconsin Carry with these potential candidates. Let them know you are part of an organized movement that supports all carry-rights in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 08-13-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Trish O'neil 47th Assy Canidate -1000 (incumbent Keith Ripp +1000 for CCW and Castle)

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM, _____<_____@charter.net> wrote:

Dear Trish,
    Sorry I missed talking to you when you passed through last night. I have some questions I would like answered.

Will you work across party lines to get things done in case there is a Republican Governor which likely will happen given Doyle’s record of vetoing everything?

I am always willing to work with others who are sincere in their efforts to do what's right for people!!

I know you were for the smoking ban, so does that mean you are all about the state legislators passing more laws that restrict other choices and telling businesses how to run them as well?

The smoking ban is a health issue and I believe that this is the right thing to do for the health & well being of all our citizens.

Are you for more school taxes so we have better schools? NO ANSWER to me

“Support next generation with great schools” how will you do that given that I am in my golden years and feel we are being taxed to death (and beyond).

We need to find a new & better way to fund our public schools! Schools are the great equalizer in a democracy! Who funded your K12 public schools? :-) But to be fair, I also believe that there are ways that we can consolidate some of the administrative costs.

Increase accountability… how do you cut waste when the legislators seem to spend or raid our tax dollars at a rate significantly faster than we pay in?

I hear you! This is difficult in bureaucracies but I promise that I will do my best to make sure that our tax dollars are spent wisely & efficiently by asking the tough questions and not letting things get swept under the rug.

What are your thoughts on the illegal aliens that live in our state?

I think companies should stop hiring them and we should start cracking down on those companies that do!!

What are your feelings on Concealed carry of a weapon? I'm against it.

What are your feelings on Open carry of a weapon? This is already legal in our state.

Kind Regards,
    me

So she is against CC and states it is already legal to oc but she does not really seem to support it. So in our 47th district vote for Keith Ripp (R) Incumbent
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 08-13-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling of course

Neumann says he supports gun rights and he also gives lip service to "local control."

What side do you suppose he supports when those two issues into conflict with 66.0409? Does he support gun rights? Or local control of gun rights?