• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mr. Mark Neumann Does walk the walk

range rat

Last night, I attended Mr Mark Neumann town hall meeting, an I'll give you Three guesses, an the first two don't count, on what I was wearing on my hip ?

It was a good turn out. I did get there a bit early, around 6pm [started at 6:30 ] an stood around talking with his roadies untill people started showing up.I got a couple of look see's an when we took or seats two men behind we were reading off of one of Mr Neumann info sheets, stating his position on conceal carry. When one said to the other one, I bet you that guy would love to see this happen. Then other guy said, what do you mean, the other guy must of pointed to my hip because the other guy just said oh yea.

Mr. Neumann had a good Q&A going, an when I stood up ask a question, it was all eye contact all the way..

It was a great night, no leo's, no press around to turn it into a three ring circus, just a bunch of people getting to know the candidate..

I've got to cut this short for now, BUT i'm not done with the SHERATON just yet!!!!

bigdaddy1

what did you find out? How does he feel about a constitutional (no license/permit required) carry?
Its great that you feel all fuzzy and warm about him, but what did he say that gave you that impression?

I will be honest, I don't like Neumann, but if he will get Wisconsin out of the Doyle ages and into the 22nd century I would consider voting for him. I was planning on voting for Walker, as he was the first Republican candidate that I felt had at least some chance of winning (was before Doyle stated would not run for re-election) but I am not enamored with him. I am honestly not that concerned about Doyle's minion, I don't think he will win. Doesn't mean I won't fight against him though!!!! If I can get something I can get my teeth into, I will consider a change vote.

jpm84092

Ask Candidate Newman a Direct and Probing Question.

Candidate Newman is fighting for every vote he can get. As a Wisconsin Citizen, you have the right to ask probing and direct questions of him.

1) Ask him if he would sign a bill that allowed both Open Carry and Concealed Carry based on a Citizen's good judgment. (Constitutional Carry)

2) Ask him if he would support a Concealed Weapon permit bill, that, even with Constitutional Carry, would allow reciprocity with other States so that law abiding Citizens of Utah who hold a permit (that would be me) could carry in WI on the strength of my Utah permit when I visit my family in WI - and so that law abiding Citizens of Wisconsin could likewise carry in other States when on vacation, engaged in business travel, or just want a road trip. (Bad guys do not care why you ended up in their territory, they attack just the same.)

3) Ask him whether, as his party's leader, he would encourage the drafting of a concealed carry bill that was crafted to allow a Wisconsin resident to Constitutionally Carry, open or concealed , AND was non-restrictive enough to allow reciprocity with a maximum number of States. (This is similar but not identical to #2 above.)

4) Ask him whether, as Wisconsin's Governor, he would support and promote a standardized US Legislation that compelled all States to recognize the permits of other States, including non-resident permits.

5) Finally, and this is real important, ask him whether he would sign a "Castle Doctrine" (sometimes called "stand your ground" or "make my day") Bill. Current WI law requires you to surrender control of your home (if you are able) to bad guys rather than defend your home. Castle Doctrine allows true defense of your home.

I would ask him these things myself, but I have recently moved from WI to UT and since I cannot vote for him, he can blow me off. He cannot blow you off.

ASK HIM !

Jim

Last edited:
M

McX

did the facebook thing, still learning how to use it. i'm friends with J.B! nya-nay!

M

McX

well then daddy, are we chums on there yet? i don't know if i've hit the right buttons!

BerettaFS92Custom

Email

jpm84092

I used your questions and emailed them directly to Mark asking him to take a stance and let us know his position on these matters. i like Mark but if i do not get an answer to the questions i outlined from the 5 or so above then i will vote for micky mouse as usual :)

lets hope he is true to his words and will support our freedoms

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Even though I like Mr. Neumann very much as a candidate, he does need to be educated on several issues including what constitutional carry and castle doctrine are of which he appears ignorant as of his meet and greet in La Crosse last week.

His pat answer when questioned on 2A legislation is "I would have supported the two bills that failed and I will sign any reasonable CC legislation that comes across my desk". This is almost word for word of what I heard him say. While he supports the legislation he is fuzzy on the details and this may be purposeful as the issue could potentially isolate him from moderate republicans.

BerettaFS92Custom

jpm84092

I used your questions and emailed them directly to Mark asking him to take a stance and let us know his position on these matters. i like Mark but if i do not get an answer to the questions i outlined from the 5 or so above then i will vote for micky mouse as usual :)

lets hope he is true to his words and will support our freedoms

-----Original Message-----
From: mark.neumann@markforgov.com [mailto:mark.neumann@markforgov.com] On Behalf Of J.P. Mason
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:16 PM
To: ME :)
Subject: Re: urgent questions

Chip,

Concealed carry does not affect open carry, it gives people the option
of applying for a license to carry concealed. The shall-issue
legislation allowed for reciprocity, which is a state decision, not a
federal issue.

Mark supports the Castle Doctrine.

This has always been Mark's position.

I hope this clears up the issue for you!

Thanks.

well he kind of "clears up the issues" for me and i guess he will sign whatever comes across. i do know one thing and that is i am sure he at this time does not have time to read the vetoed (thanks jimbo) bill(s) and i am in contact with some of the members through my Represenative for our 47th district to get the castle doctrine and a better bill wrote and passed this time. we all have to let them know waht we want. i am not a big fan of PAYING for a RIGHT hence to me that is a form of either taxation or liscensing/// i will vote for mark no matter what at this point.

grinner

<rant> I just HATE it when a candidate claims to be "an avid hunter and supporter of the second amendment." Who CARES if someone is an avid hunter? The 2A is NOT about hunting! </rant>

paul@paul-fisher.com

All that says is that both candidates NOW support CC and would sign any CC law that comes to their desk.

This emphasizes that we need this fight to occur at the State Senate and Assembly level. They write the laws, the Governor just signs or vetoes.

That statement from Walker is a little troubling on the honesty front. Walker is saying that Neumann is lying but then goes on to say that Neumann was right. All Neumann was saying is that Walker supported CC and then voted against it.

Walker is calling Neumann a liar even though Neumann isn't lying because Walker is saying the only reason he didn't support CC at that time is that the CC law was passed at 4:00 am. I'm not sure what the time of day has to do with it but whatever!

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
All this energy spent arguing about who's more pro-gun Neumann or Walker would be far better spent emailing and calling your local assembly candidates and senate candidates and letting them know how you feel, getting their position, and reporting it back here.

Walker or Neumann won't be writing legislation. I am willing to bet NEITHER is willing to stick their head out and veto anything that comes to their desk that would allow conceal carry. I'm willing to bet NEITHER will be a vocal advocate for non-permit right to carry.

At the end of the day, they will both put their signature on WHATEVER comes to their desk because THAT is the safe political move. Period.

Please contact your local candidates who will be drafting, introducing, debating, amending, and voting on right to carry.