• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Miami Dade County Parks and Marina

esavinon51

Thanks BRBOYER for that link. ill be sending it over to the Park Director to share with him what's happening in Fort Myer regarding the Miami Dade County Ordinances.

Thanks Again,

Rich7553

We won't celebrate until the County actually corrects the signs and repeals the ordinance.

Lee County has been fighting this for over a year. Even after they were contacted by a State Representative and the AG's office.

Perhaps just a bit of celebration is in order. East County Water Control District has covered over the "no firearms" icon on their signs at Matheny and Farrell parks in Lehigh Acres, and are moving on to cover the word "guns" on the signs that list prohibitions along the canals here. I've spoken to Paula Camberato, the administative manager, who told me that they got tired of waiting on Lee County to come up with a legal alternative, so they decided on their own to comply with state statute. Patrick has removed them from the suit.

esavinon51

Open

Just got a phone call from the Assistant Park Director and Basically was told that there is a County Ordinance and that it's there job to Enforce it. Not Surprised at all with this, Totally over looking Florida Statue 790:33. Guys if you have any feed back i would appreciate it..

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Yeah, This is why we need to fight. This is a clear violation of State law and your rights.

Rich7553

Just got a phone call from the Assistant Park Director and Basically was told that there is a County Ordinance and that it's there job to Enforce it. Not Surprised at all with this, Totally over looking Florida Statue 790:33. Guys if you have any feed back i would appreciate it..

Really? What other ordinances do they "enforce"? I thought the sheriff's department was charged with enforcement.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Better late than never.

better-late-than-never.jpg