• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yakima Police Department Training for Open Carry

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
1. Type of Neighborhood
So, what areas of Yakima are OK and which aren't? Is there going to be a color coded map provided?

In Yakima, you don't need a color coded map. All neighborhoods east of the tracks/Front street are bad, and all the neighborhoods west of the tracks/Front street are the good neighborhoods.

Simple and straightforward...........

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
In Yakima, you don't need a color coded map. All neighborhoods east of the tracks/Front street are bad, and all the neighborhoods west of the tracks/Front street are the good neighborhoods.

Simple and straightforward...........

That is the way it use to be many years ago but no longer.

There are also gang areas west of the tracks as well;
west of the tracks from Fruitvale South to close to Washington ave and west to 16th ave and then south of Nobhill to Washington and west of 16th ave west to around 30th ave.

Again this is one of several items to consider for a Terry Stop when a suspected crime is or is about to be committed.

MAndrew

Number 6 seems to be a very unlikely scenario, considering that a clip is not the same thing as a magazine. I'll be sure to avoid strolling around Yakima carrying my M91/30 with the bolt open and a stripper clip attached.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is no "safe" neighborhood. In fact the better communities have become the target of choice for many BGs - the return is better for the same investment of time and energy.