Thread: Anyone in Amherst County?

Anyone in Amherst County?

I saw a gentleman in Walmart in Madison Heights open carrying the other day, which got me to thinking about OC'ing, and found this group. Anyone else in Amherst County?

Welcome to OCDO!

Always glad to have new members.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Campaign Veteran

From time to time...

I have family down there and was in there a couple of weeks ago. Again on last weekend, but that was it for me. I might be back that way around labor day if things keep on track at work. Welcome to group and carry safely.

I don't even know where that is... {Looking at Google Earth}. Looks like a nice place. guess its time for a road trip!
    Looks like its near one of my rivers, too. Wish I could do a "Tom Sawyer" and go up that-there river. I'm pert-near the other end of that river.

Welcome to OCDO!
    Last edited by MSC 45ACP; 08-11-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Founder's Club Member
    What did the OCer look like that you saw in Wal-Mart in Madison Heights? I've been in there a couple times over the past few weeks OCing so it's possible you saw me.

(Don't hesitate to be descriptive.)
    Last edited by jmelvin; 08-11-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    What did the OCer look like that you saw in Wal-Mart in Madison Heights? I've been in there a couple times over the past few weeks OCing so it's possible you saw me.

Founder's Club Member

OC'er in Madison Heights Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post

Male, white, small frame revolver, tan/brown holster on right hip, might have been wearing a hat. Wish I could remember more.

Most likely would have been late afternoon/early evening time-frame, as I usually visit "wallyworld" on my way home from work in Lynchburg. (I live up on the side of a mountain in the north-end of the county, not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.) I carry a 1911 in a black holster.
    Last edited by kb4cvn; 08-12-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Well the revolver part kills it for my description as I own no revolvers, but I generally do carry my pistols in tan leather holsters.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kb4cvn View Post
    Male, white, small frame revolver, tan/brown holster on right hip, might have been wearing a hat. Wish I could remember more.

Most likely would have been late afternoon/early evening time-frame, as I usually visit "wallyworld" on my way home from work in Lynchburg. (I live up on the side of a mountain in the north-end of the county, not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.) I carry a 1911 in a black holster.
    I doubt it was Jmelvin. He's a very striking person and easy to describe. I expect you two will meet up soon and you'll also find he's a really enjoyable fellow to be around.

Founder's Club Member

Cool

Easy to recognize: Fat, white, shaved bald head, average height with slightly buggered up toofs. Yup you can easily pick me out of a crowd.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 08-12-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kb4cvn View Post

I have a black holster... the other parts could fit.