• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone in Amherst County?

kb4cvn

I saw a gentleman in Walmart in Madison Heights open carrying the other day, which got me to thinking about OC'ing, and found this group. Anyone else in Amherst County?

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
From time to time...

I have family down there and was in there a couple of weeks ago. Again on last weekend, but that was it for me. I might be back that way around labor day if things keep on track at work. Welcome to group and carry safely.

MSC 45ACP

I don't even know where that is... {Looking at Google Earth}. Looks like a nice place. guess its time for a road trip!
Looks like its near one of my rivers, too. Wish I could do a "Tom Sawyer" and go up that-there river. I'm pert-near the other end of that river.

Welcome to OCDO!

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
What did the OCer look like that you saw in Wal-Mart in Madison Heights? I've been in there a couple times over the past few weeks OCing so it's possible you saw me. :)

(Don't hesitate to be descriptive.)

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What did the OCer look like that you saw in Wal-Mart in Madison Heights? I've been in there a couple times over the past few weeks OCing so it's possible you saw me. :)

:lol::lol:

kb4cvn

OC'er in Madison Heights Wal-Mart

Male, white, small frame revolver, tan/brown holster on right hip, might have been wearing a hat. :confused: Wish I could remember more.

Most likely would have been late afternoon/early evening time-frame, as I usually visit "wallyworld" on my way home from work in Lynchburg. (I live up on the side of a mountain in the north-end of the county, not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.) I carry a 1911 in a black holster.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Male, white, small frame revolver, tan/brown holster on right hip, might have been wearing a hat. :confused: Wish I could remember more.

Most likely would have been late afternoon/early evening time-frame, as I usually visit "wallyworld" on my way home from work in Lynchburg. (I live up on the side of a mountain in the north-end of the county, not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.) I carry a 1911 in a black holster.

I doubt it was Jmelvin. He's a very striking person and easy to describe. I expect you two will meet up soon and you'll also find he's a really enjoyable fellow to be around.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Easy to recognize: Fat, white, shaved bald head, average height with slightly buggered up toofs. Yup you can easily pick me out of a crowd.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member

I have a black holster... the other parts could fit.