• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to this stuff....

Shorin21

I live in jefferson county and have not seen an one ocing.....should i be worried if i do it all legally. I have lookedat your site and found all the infor helpful. is there places/meetings to talk with others about general open carry stuff....thanks

comp45acp

Jefferson County

I live in Jefferson County and have carried daily since April of 2009. There have been no issues. There should not be any, it is lawful behavior and the only way we have at the moment to be lawfully armed. PM me and we can meet for breakfast some time.

Shorin21

Stores

now i know u cant carry into bars or resturants unless you have permisson...now what about stores like pick n save and walmarts that sell alcohol.....

M

McX

i beleive it's only restricted on class B establishments, where alcohol is sold, and consumed. key word consumed.

M

McX

retention holsters are the preferred method these days. alot are available on the internet, depending upon type of firearm carried.

Krusty

Gander Mountain is CARRY FRIENDLY

I went to GM today to look at a new XDm 45. I had been riding bicycle and had left my .357 in the car, cased and legal. While talking to the salesman he saw my empty holster on my belt and asked where my gun was. I told him it seemed to be a lot of problem for me to get the gun out, load it, holster it then come into the store for 10 minutes. Then have to reverse all of that before leaving. He came right out and told me that it's OK to carry in the store, and I told him I knew that and the reasons why I didn't have it holstered and because of that policy, I was there looking at a new gun. So yes, Gander Mountain is VERY Carry Friendly. Don't hesitate to shop there.