• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emeryville Open Carry Walk for Education

jsebclark

Come join Bay Are Open Carry (UNITED) as we educate the public in Emeryville about the right to openly carry a firearm in California! We will pass out fliers, talk with people, then have lunch together!

Emeryville Marina - Marina Park

Date: Saturday, August 14, 2010

Time: 10:00am - 02:00pm

Meet at:
5767 Christie Avenue
Emeryville, CA

Please make sure to do your homework if you plan on exercising your 2nd amendment right in public. All are welcome whether or not you plan to exercise you God given, constitutionally recognized, 2nd amendment right.

Livermoron

Come one, come all :)

Hi All, I am going to try and put work and other plans aside to come out to Emeryville this Saturday. Won't you come out as well. Show your support for the natural rights we, as Americans, should all enjoy. Take care CU then.

Carry On,

Livermoron

jsebclark

Thanks for the Support!

Hi All, I am going to try and put work and other plans aside to come out to Emeryville this Saturday. Won't you come out as well. Show your support for the natural rights we, as Americans, should all enjoy. Take care CU then.

Carry On,

Livermoron

Thanks for the Support on this one Livermoron. What a great example you are to all of us.

jsebclark

Great Event!

I just wanted to thank everyone that came out today for the event. It was very pleasant weather and we all had a good time.

I was very pleased with the professionalism exhibited by the Emeryville Police Department. They did a fantastic job and should be commended as examples of excellent peace officers.

As always, if you were unable to make this event there will be others in the future, don't miss them!

Keep Calm & Carry On.

mjones

I was very pleased with the professionalism exhibited by the Emeryville Police Department. They did a fantastic job and should be commended as examples of excellent peace officers.

Could you be more specific about their fantastic job and professionalism?

mjones

They went to the donut shop instead of doing an (e) check?

Completely Off Topic...but now that you mention it, even as a LEO I never once saw another LEO eat a donut...in my day it was more about 2-pack a day cigarette habits...

Gundude

Completely Off Topic...but now that you mention it, even as a LEO I never once saw another LEO eat a donut...in my day it was more about 2-pack a day cigarette habits...

When I lived in Bellflower, Ca. the LEO's got in trouble for running red lights and sirens to meet at Winchells donuts.
When I lived in El Centro, Ca. I frequently saw CHP and Sheriffs at Winchells when I stopped there in the morning on the way to work.

Last edited:

PincheOgro1

When I lived in Bellflower, Ca. the LEO's got in trouble for running red lights and sirens to meet at Winchells donuts.
When I lived in El Centro, Ca. I frequently saw CHP and Sheriffs at Winchells when I stopped there in the morning on the way to work.

When I came home in the AM a few days ago, two Riverside County (Perris PD) cars come flying out of an ARCO gas station. I had to slam my brakes in the intersection to avoid a possible collision. I had the green. Still had to hit my brakes.

Last edited:

jsebclark

Emeryville PD

Could you be more specific about their fantastic job and professionalism?

So let me start by saying that I would suppose that most people would say that the lack of an (e) would be ideal, but that is not the case in this situation.

By now there are a couple of video posts on YouTube that show various (e) checks by the Emeryville PD. Check those out for specifics.

When I was (e) checked the officer announced that he would only be checking to see if the gun was unloaded for both his and my safety. I agreed and consented and asked what he would like me to do. He gave me simple, non-intrusive directions. He knew how to get the gun out of the holster, checked the empty magazine and empty chamber and returned it to my holster after I asked him to dry fire my firearm before returning it to my holster. He demonstrated proper firearm safety while handling my firearm.

The check took maybe a total of 10 seconds. As he finished he gave me his name and wished me a good day.

I would prefer not to have (e) checks at all, but this is what I would call a model (e) check. It probably should be made into some kind of training video for others to learn from.

Also, we found out that the some of the officers that were present during the (e) checks later passed out some of our fliers to worried citizens as to the legality of Open Carry.

Wc

By now there are a couple of video posts on YouTube that show various (e) checks by the Emeryville PD. Check those out for specifics.

Can't find it, can you at least give us the links?

Thanks

Iopencarry

Once again I will say this,

Until someone has the money to fight the "E-Check" in court and prove to me that it is un-constitutional, and get the law reversed, then the law is the law and as long as the LEO's are professional and civil about it, why not be civil in return.

The line officers are NOT, repeat NOT the problem. They are doing a job that most do not really want to do, but the chief tells them to do it.

I am sick of reading all the B.S. spread by this site towards honest LEO's.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Once again I will say this,

Until someone has the money to fight the "E-Check" in court and prove to me that it is un-constitutional, and get the law reversed, then the law is the law and as long as the LEO's are professional and civil about it, why not be civil in return.

The line officers are NOT, repeat NOT the problem. They are doing a job that most do not really want to do, but the chief tells them to do it.

12031 authorizes the loaded check inspection. It is not a requirement in the penal code- it is discretionary.

California peace officers are all under oath to support and defend the Constitutions of the United States and the state of California. Having been sworn to this duty, they still opt to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms and conduct an inspection that hangs probable cause on a piece of questionable law.

While they may be 'honest', 'well-meaning', or are 'just doing their job' I think many here believe that peace officers that choose to do loaded checks are in violation of their oaths.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

You don't need money to fight the e-check in court. Just get e-checked and file a pro se 42 USC 1983 lawsuit. If everybody that was e-checked was doing this, then maybe departments would stop encouraging officers to stop and bother law-abiding citizens.

Nobody said the line officers were the problem, but I can take that viewpoint if you'd like. Quite simply, the officers are sworn to uphold the U.S. Constitution first and foremost. They know what the fourth amendment says, they know they are unreasonably seizing people and their effects. I doubt they are worried that they will lose their job if they don't perform (e) checks. After all, police officers routinely keep their jobs even after they do totally irresponsible things. I know that I for one would come out in full, vociferous support of any officer who was disciplined in any way for not performing an (e) check.

If there is B.S., call people out on it with citations. I certainly appreciate hearing other points of view on this forum. I'm sure others do as well.