Thread: Sharing the carry

Campaign Veteran

Sharing the carry

I have two coworkers that have recently been brought into the carry world. One decided this week to try regular open carry since his wife and son were away visiting family. He has not run into any complications so far, but is quickly becoming comfortable as an armed citizen. I think he is hooked...

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by coltcarrier View Post
    I have two coworkers that have recently been brought into the carry world. One decided this week to try regular open carry since his wife and son were away visiting family. He has not run into any complications so far, but is quickly becoming comfortable as an armed citizen. I think he is hooked...
    nice... introduce them to ocdo and vcdl too?

Speaking on OC...

What other equipment do you recommend using while you OC? I have heard folks on here are pretty big on voice recorders and lockable ID/credit card wallets.

Stopped by Staples and was overwhelmed at all the voice recorders.

Awesome on sharing the OC!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltcarrier View Post
    Invite him (and his family) to one of the OC dinners or lunches - it will be an eye opener for them - just normal people taking life responsibly.

Don't forget to let him know about the free Va-Alerts.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by sol View Post
    What other equipment do you recommend using while you OC? I have heard folks on here are pretty big on voice recorders and lockable ID/credit card wallets.

Stopped by Staples and was overwhelmed at all the voice recorders.

Awesome on sharing the OC!
    Digital voice recorders are nice to have. Unlike several others I know and associate with, I rarely have any use for mine although I do carry it and keep it turned on while out and about. Probably has something to do with my looks - nobody seems to like messing with a grumpy old man.

As for which one to get? Pick one that you like, can afford, and has the software to make transfering files to a computer as easy as possible. Having sufficient memory and the ability to record for many hours (both a factor of memory and battery life) are points to consider. I'm no computer pro by any means, but I understood .WAV and a USB connection as if it were instinctive. Others will probably now chime in and explain why I am completely wrong and what you really should be purchasing.

What are those lockable ID/credit card wallets you speak of? Where does one get them?

stay safe.

Founder's Club Member
    Regarding voice recorders my wife and I both have these which have been good recorders for us.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-512MB-...order/10992762

I also have an older model Olympus voice recorder that has served me well:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?fl=2&id=1269

I don't think I spent more than $40 on any of them.

I spent about $80 on an Olympus witch I have not needed to use so far. I must thank the veterans of this movement for that.