• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sharing the carry

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
I have two coworkers that have recently been brought into the carry world. One decided this week to try regular open carry since his wife and son were away visiting family. He has not run into any complications so far, but is quickly becoming comfortable as an armed citizen. I think he is hooked...

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I have two coworkers that have recently been brought into the carry world. One decided this week to try regular open carry since his wife and son were away visiting family. He has not run into any complications so far, but is quickly becoming comfortable as an armed citizen. I think he is hooked...
nice... introduce them to ocdo and vcdl too?

sol

Speaking on OC...

What other equipment do you recommend using while you OC? I have heard folks on here are pretty big on voice recorders and lockable ID/credit card wallets.

Stopped by Staples and was overwhelmed at all the voice recorders.

Awesome on sharing the OC!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Invite him (and his family) to one of the OC dinners or lunches - it will be an eye opener for them - just normal people taking life responsibly.

Don't forget to let him know about the free Va-Alerts.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What other equipment do you recommend using while you OC? I have heard folks on here are pretty big on voice recorders and lockable ID/credit card wallets.

Stopped by Staples and was overwhelmed at all the voice recorders.

Awesome on sharing the OC!

Digital voice recorders are nice to have. Unlike several others I know and associate with, I rarely have any use for mine although I do carry it and keep it turned on while out and about. Probably has something to do with my looks - nobody seems to like messing with a grumpy old man.

As for which one to get? Pick one that you like, can afford, and has the software to make transfering files to a computer as easy as possible. Having sufficient memory and the ability to record for many hours (both a factor of memory and battery life) are points to consider. I'm no computer pro by any means, but I understood .WAV and a USB connection as if it were instinctive. Others will probably now chime in and explain why I am completely wrong and what you really should be purchasing.

What are those lockable ID/credit card wallets you speak of? Where does one get them?

stay safe.