• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disgusting article in Macomb Daily regarding the AB&E thing...

malignity

Just read today's paper and their portrayal of MOC, gun owners, and this AB&E thing is absolutely sickening. I can't link the article itself cause I'm at work posting from my phone, but seriously, their portrayal of OC and the carrying of firearms is complete garbage.

If someone has the time, please link for all to read.

DodgeThisSpringfield

I had to laugh when reading the comments... One of the rules to post is "Don't Hate" ROFL!!! Shows what kind of paper they really are.

malignity

That's the article. They portray us as bad guys, and quote how people have never been so afraid in their life. What kind of BS is that? That's not a neutral article at all. People that are afraid of people lawfully carrying guns obviously have no knowledge of guns or gun laws. You breathe wrong and they go after your guns and CPL's these days. I'd go so far as to say that we're probably some of the most upstanding and law abiding people in Michigan for the most part.

scot623

You can't fault the paper for using a juicy sound bite just because it happens to be negative to our position. They quote two anti's and two of us. I didn't come with a feeling of bias. Heck, it put MOC's name in print as standing up for gun rights...I'll take the free plug any day.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

People have a right to their opinion, I fully support that. At the Royal Oak City Commission Meeting, a gentleman who is very eloquent got up and spoke about his viewpoints on Firearms and how he would like to make the Public Buildings PFZ's with a $10,000 fine for violation. He left after he spoke and was unable to hear others like DanM who I believe would have helped him see the other side.

I shook his hand on the way out and thanked him for what he had to say. The reason for this is that he implored the City Commission to focus on more important issues like the budget and put the "Gun Issue" behind us. The "Gun Issue" really is no issue at all, We The People are just there ensuring that the City Government acts within applicable law.

The Macomb Daily article is just a reprint of what others have reported, so I will afford it the time it deserves. There are quite a few who have spoken up as my fellow Americans there and have espoused the truth and facts not emotional reactions.

This is just one more thing ongoing in our country that is awakening We The People.

eastmeyers

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?76770-Arts-Beats-and-Eats

We have a thread for this already. It is only fair for all the people that come here for information on the ABE issue to be able to find it, so as many have agreed here (no body disagreed), lets keep it all in ONE thread. Everyone keeps starting new threads, and in all of these threads someone has to link the original, and people agree it is better to keep it in the original. People from other states are trying to fallow along, it is MUCH easier if all the info stays together. Also all the people watching the news, and all the people stopping and asking us, hey whats up with ABE, we direct them to OCDO, so for their sake and ours lets PLEASE keep it all together!

Come on guys, their is like then threads now, lets keep it together.

autosurgeon

It's not private. Just BC you charge admission does not make it private.

IF they had a guest list and no one else was allowed in then it would be private.

IF they were prepared to turn away anyone who did not fit a certain set of requirements then it would be semi private.

BUT just charging admission does not a private event make!

That would be like movie theater saying "well this is a private showing of Batman BC we charged you for it" as they allow anyone who can pay entry it is not private.

Witz is grasping at straws and has little concept of reality!

Last edited:

kryptonian

macomb article

am i the only one that noticed the legal inaccuracy in the article? these exceptions are for CC not OC if i'm not mistaken.

A clause in the agreement between Royal Oak and festival promoters bans firearms, though Michigan law allows anyone over 18 years old without a criminal record to carry a firearm openly in any venue except a bank, church, court, theater, sports facility, day care, a business with a liquor license, or a federal building.

Bronson

am i the only one that noticed the legal inaccuracy in the article? these exceptions are for CC not OC if i'm not mistaken.

A clause in the agreement between Royal Oak and festival promoters bans firearms, though Michigan law allows anyone over 18 years old without a criminal record to carry a firearm openly in any venue except a bank, church, court, theater, sports facility, day care, a business with a liquor license, or a federal building.

MCL 750.234d

You are mistaken. The listed open carry PFZs are correct...they actually missed one, a hospital.

Just to recap the PFZs listed in that blurb only apply to the open carry of a firearm for someone who does NOT have a CPL. A CPL exempts the open carrier from all of the listed PFZs except courts (federal buildings and airport sterile areas are not listed in MCL 750.234d but are listed in other statutes.)

Bronson

Last edited:

fozzy71

Yep, that was the first news article I have seen that 'almost' got it right, for a change. The errors, or lack of laws/info, are usually much greater.