• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun Republicans in Tennessee

kwikrnu

Banned
"Anti-gun Republicans,
You embarrass me. That’s right, every one of y’all especially Jack Johnson and Charles Sargeant. The Second Amendment to the Constitution, part of the Bill of Rights, states, “…the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” Do you know what infringed means? The Supreme Court had the courage to agree with the Second Amendment in June of this year. They said the Second Amendment applies to the States. They said the Second Amendment is an individual right. Any laws concerning the right to bear arms must be judged with strict scrutiny and narrowly tailored.
I am a law abiding citizen and resident of Tennessee. I’ve never been charged or convicted of a crime. The corrupt Department of Safety suspended my handgun carry permit without a hearing. In other words in a secret meeting of the cronies at the Department of Safety they approved the suspension of my God given right. In Tennessee it is illegal under current law to carry a loaded handgun for the purpose of self defense with no carry permit. Does the Second Amendment have any meaning in this State?
I’ve contacted my Republican representatives Charles Sargeant and Jack Johnson. They have done nothing and I will oppose their reelections. It is an embarrassment to me and everyone who believes in the liberty and freedom recognized by the Bill of Rights. Hopefully there are a few good Republicans in Tennessee who believe in God given rights. There are none who represent my district."

Does the Tennessee Legislature care about your rights as a Tennessean? Probably not. I've been attempting to expose the Department of Safty and their illegal process to suspend handgun carry permits. Neither of my representatives were interested. They weren't even willing to write the AG and ask his opinion.

HvyMtl

again citiations needed...

Ok Kwikru,"The corrupt Department of Safety" any citations other than your allegations? Any other places you can point to showing these 2 politicians are anti-gun? Any?

The action the TN DEPT OF SAFETY took to take your privilege of permit carry away, occurred after your run in with The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency (carrying a AK pistol, not holstered, but across your chest, openly in a Park, modified to look like a harmless toy, and were held for a time until the pistol was proven not to be a rifle. Carrying the AK rifle would have been a Felony) the Nashville/Metro Police (same incident) and the Belle Meade Police (carrying, in your hand, a black powder reproduction of an 1850's firearm, to show light on a long outdated and no longer enforced city code.)

The action taken was due to the perceived threat you actively and intentionally created to start lawsuits (to enforce your view of what carry laws should be in the state of Tennessee...) So the department of safety, given the information of your actions, removed your privilege to carry in the state of Tennessee...

The threat here is your placing, in harms way, the general public, and yourself. You are pushing the issue of open carry of firearms, and have placed yourself and others in a position where a Police Officer has to decide if you are a real threat, and if they have to shoot you. Do you not see the issue of the threat you are creating for the general public with your actions?

Until otherwise changed by the Legislature of the State of Tennessee (as the SCOTUS did not void this specific law, nor any like it) it is a PRIVILEGE to carry self defense pistols here.

And, just like your privilege to drive can be taken away, so can your carry permit.
So, any PROOF the Department of Safety's process of permit suspension is UnConstitutional, or invalid?

To others, sorry for the rant. I live in the area Kwikru does, and have felt the negative impacts of his actions. (Such as places barring carry...)

kwikrnu

Banned
Until otherwise changed by the Legislature of the State of Tennessee (as the SCOTUS did not void this specific law, nor any like it) it is a PRIVILEGE to carry self defense pistols here.

And, just like your privilege to drive can be taken away, so can your carry permit.

Wow. Another person I'm placing on my ignore list.

HvyMtl

Poor debater.

Placing me on your ignore list, even though I have asked valid questions? What validity does that bring to your posts? Proves, by default, they are invalid.

So, by default, you cannot prove what you have said. It is only your opinion. So. next time put, "IMHO (or leave the "humble" out of it) these guys are anti-gun, because they ignored me..." (Irony?)

Placing me on your ignore list only blocks you, which prevents you from responding to my posts. So much for conversation. So much for debate (with you.) But, it will show those who read your posts, how true you are to your message. By you not defending it...

Yes, carry BY LAW is a PRIVILEGE in the State of Tennessee. Until otherwise overturned in Court (which your actions speak towards the lack of success you will find there) or by the Legislature.

To act any other way towards the law smacks of violating the forum rules, which I actually read when I joined...

Last edited:

Grassroots

Welcome HvyMt.

Keep reading. You will find that Kwik is full of not answering questions. Yet he demands his own be answered. Interestingly enough his most recent adventure from a meeting with the Brentwood. He not once asks where the information of an ALLEGED arrest came from during this meeting. However, he very obviously wants to claim it is a misdemeanor to release such information. Odd? Yes. Would have been my first question.

HvyMtl

Yeah.

I wonder if he is an anti-carry plant. I mean seriously, his actions are being used against us law abiding carry holders in the state. Due to him, and his fool hardy actions, there are places legit permit holders can no longer carry.
(Example: Costco Franklin, TN)

His rhetoric and actions have been pointed out in the media (around here very anti- carry) and by those who oppose carry as a "case in point" why carry should not be allowed.

He is doing far more harm than good.

Perhaps it is not alleged... but truthful (his arrest...)

Last edited:
T

TN-treefrmr

HvyMtl:

I agree with your comments and from what I have read Kwik Continues to dig the hole deeper but is dragging lawful citizens down also.

kwikrnu

Banned
I agree with your comments and from what I have read Kwik Continues to dig the hole deeper but is dragging lawful citizens down also.

I'm the lawful citizen being defamed and held down by so called republican representatives who refuse to acknowledge that the constitution recognizes that I have the liberty to carry arms. Since you're probably a stalker you're going on my ignore list too.

T

TN-treefrmr

Sorry!

You dug the hole your self!
I am a legal citizen of Tennessee with a lawful carry permit who does not like others that are attempting to have that taken away by their actions. The Brady group are salivating with every word you write. I would support the Brady act if it meant keeping you away from guns.

HvyMtl

If you have notes, e-mails, articles, comments made to the media, etc. where those representatives defamed you, could you please post them here. It would definitely bolster your statements.

But, if not, then it is you defaming...

slowfiveoh

You dug the hole your self!
I am a legal citizen of Tennessee with a lawful carry permit who does not like others that are attempting to have that taken away by their actions. The Brady group are salivating with every word you write. I would support the Brady act if it meant keeping you away from guns.

Ding ding ding!

We have a confirmed brady troll.

Hug that precious carry permit treefrmr.

I will exercise my inalienable rights over here while you cuddle with your permission slip, and cower in fear every time another man carries.

T

TN-treefrmr

Slow

See you were lying when you said:
"Since you are no longer interested at looking at these enemies of freedom, and their childish game of teat-sucking, I will do you a favor, and not reply to their idiocy after this post."

At 2:30 this morning. My how short your memory is!

Grassroots

I see you now claim to understand the law of the state of Tennessee. I guess that means you are a lawyer rather than an Army weapons instructor.

You didn't know?! Slow has a doctrine in everything from English, History, Law, Military Science, Tennessee State Law and under water basket weaving.

I think you are Kwik just pretending to be Slow.
You're not the only one...

I am glad you both brought up the restraining order that was issued by a court in a civil case. That immediately qualifies you for a BOLO and then to compound it by deliberate actions that draw attention to yourself. Brilliant display of LOGIC KWIK!:confused:

The fact is Kwik took a bolo and made it public. To try and sue for it being made public by his actions is ridiculous. However, not surprising since this all is about a Kwik buck, not gun rights.

Slow, your rant proved nothing more than you have insecurities. You completely showed no respect to others just because they disagree with Kwik's actions. Two new members come in and express their concerns and you reply with the childish "ignorant, stupid, etc..." comments. You and Kwik have proven to be the most defaming (Kwik's favorite word) people in this forum.

Kwik made a document public - FACT
Kwik had the prime opportunity to contest the validity of the alleged arrest and DIDN'T - FACT
Kwik doesn't want a jury trial - FACT
Kwik + Under Oath = No good outcome for Kwik - FACT
Kwik admits to breaking the law in Brentwood on a public forum - FACT
Kwik does NOT answer simple, direct questions but demands his own be answered - FACT
Kwik has edited old posts, deleted pictures and tried to change stories as he continues his monetary agenda - FACT
Kwik is in this for money - FACT

You won't abide by a liar, yet you stand by him with all these FACT's. Your credibility is gone.
Your personal attacks are also noted, as neither I or the two new members have done either. I don't get how you can keep getting away with posting here after all this.

Kwik = Slow... Starting to seem that way.

Enjoyed the childish reply... Great entertainment with my morning coffee!

T

TN-treefrmr

Grassroots

Somehow I got that impression when I read Slow's first post! :lol:

I agree to the entertainment issue as things get a bit quiet this time of the year when watching trees grow.
I would forward this thread to the sheriff's office as more evidence for their civil suit against Kwik however I think they have acquired sufficient evidence already.