• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tales from back east provide lessons to WA gunnies

Dave Workman

Tales from other states offer lessons to WA gun owners, prohibitionists

Perhaps the best response...has come from Democrat Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold, now locked in a tough re-election campaign. According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Feingold has launched a radio ad in response to a June comment from Republican challenger Ron Johnson that he does not have “a real problem in minimal licensing and stuff.”

Feingold’s response: “You shouldn’t have to wait in line at the DMV to get a license for your constitutional rights and freedoms.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...ons-for-Washington-gun-owners-prohibitionists
Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2bohudp

amlevin

Tales from other states offer lessons to WA gun owners, prohibitionists

Perhaps the best response...has come from Democrat Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold, now locked in a tough re-election campaign. According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Feingold has launched a radio ad in response to a June comment from Republican challenger Ron Johnson that he does not have “a real problem in minimal licensing and stuff.”

Feingold’s response: “You shouldn’t have to wait in line at the DMV to get a license for your constitutional rights and freedoms.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...ons-for-Washington-gun-owners-prohibitionists
Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2bohudp

Gang bangers don’t get CPLs, they do not legally carry concealed handguns, and even if – in his wildest fantasy – Fascitelli ever managed to push his extremist agenda through the Legislature, they would not suddenly obey his new set of laws because they don’t obey existing laws.

How is it that more than 1 million Evergreen State gun owners understand that, but 7,000 Washington CeaseFire members cannot?

When all the statistics are compiled, how many of the so-called gun crimes are comitted by those 1 Million + gun owners? Rather than devising ways to punish the non-criminals wouldn't it be nice to see a group like Fascitelli's come out in favor of enhanced penalties for those that do commit the crimes using guns? But wait, aren't the people behind him members of the same group that feels that these criminals are "misunderstood" and need more social programs to divert them from a life of crime? That anything more than a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine is treating these people disproportionally since many are members of minority groups. Seems like they might be suffering from a disease that is widespread in the liberal/progressive community----Cranial Rectal Inversion.

jt59

When all the statistics are compiled, how many of the so-called gun crimes are comitted by those 1 Million + gun owners? Rather than devising ways to punish the non-criminals wouldn't it be nice to see a group like Fascitelli's come out in favor of enhanced penalties for those that do commit the crimes using guns? But wait, aren't the people behind him members of the same group that feels that these criminals are "misunderstood" and need more social programs to divert them from a life of crime? That anything more than a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine is treating these people disproportionally since many are members of minority groups. Seems like they might be suffering from a disease that is widespread in the liberal/progressive community----Cranial Rectal Inversion.

Does that mean the left hand doesn't know what the extreme left hand is doing or that they just can't see their way clear to the natural end of where they are (head up a**) :lol:.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Does that mean the left hand doesn't know what the extreme left hand is doing or that they just can't see their way clear to the natural end of where they are (head up a**) :lol:.

As if one side has won the war on extremism.

Amazing, huh, a Democrat is drilling a Republican for stating that he does not have issues with "You know, like we license cars and stuff, I don't have a real, I don't have a real problem in minimal licensing and stuff. I mean I don't."

Is he sure about that?

So much for the "left" comments above. Maybe they should read the article before they start accusing the left of being anti-gun when this article clearly shows a Republican verbally expressing restricting the ability for law-abiding citizens to arm themselves.

And then the great Republican backpedal:

"Johnson issued a statement Tuesday afternoon that began: "In my first days as a candidate, I used the wrong terms when discussing my strong support for gun rights and concealed carry here in Wisconsin...I used the term 'licensing' when I meant permits for the right to carry a concealed weapon. Wisconsin is one of only two states whose citizens do not have that basic constitutional right. I do not, nor will I ever, support licensing or registration of firearms.""

Of course that is what he means this time, right? So let me get this straight, his current stance is that he does not support licensing or registering firearms, or he does not support the requirement? I wish he would get his Republican butt straight on this, for the sake of his constituents.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The Republican in this district is wrong, as I have argued before....

Should firearms or firearm owners be subject to testing to receive a license to carry a firearm?

The Argument Against

Author Nick Smith

No, no, no... it says "....shall not be infringed." no training, no class, no license, nada...the government is to be absent from a citizens right to 'keep' (own) and 'bear' (carry, open or concealed).

Now for one minute let's tear apart this stupid licensing idea.

You take ONE test to drive a car when you are 16 and then NEVER have to prove competency again. The test is simple, multiple choice and teaches you nothing that you can't read on your own. You take ONE driving test and then NEVER have to prove your ability ever again, EVER. Your driver’s license is recognized in any of the 50 states. Therefore, you can have learned to drive in Alaska with very little traffic, yet your license is good in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA.

You can therefore be 66 years old and have not taken a test, written or physical in 50 YEARS. Do you think cars have changed in the last 50 years? The 'you have to have a license to drive' argument doesn't hold water, it is a joke. How many times driving have you said to yourself; 'that old man shouldn't be driving', 'that woman shouldn't be driving', 'that immigrant shouldn't be driving', 'that teenager shouldn't be driving?' We have all said this to ourselves. The argument simply is ridiculous and is now null and void.

And even with licensing, we still have; drunk drivers, negligent drivers, hit and runs, get away (from crime) drivers, stolen cars, speeding in school zones and more.

YOU SEE THAT LICENSING DRIVERS (AND CARS) DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME FROM CARS...OR FROM DRIVERS.

We must all simply accept that we choose to live in a free society. In a free society their are inherit risks and there is evil and there is great joy. Part of living in a free society is that we must accept responsibility for our actions. There are things in a free society that people will always not like and will always be opposed to and never agree upon, we must learn to accept that and yet choose to live together in peace and respect.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

tombrewster421

Wow! That was one of the best arguments for the second amendment I have ever read. Kudos!
Should firearms or firearm owners be subject to testing to receive a license to carry a firearm?

The Argument Against

Author Nick Smith

No, no, no... it says "....shall not be infringed." no training, no class, no license, nada...the government is to be absent from a citizens right to 'keep' (own) and 'bear' (carry, open or concealed).

Now for one minute let's tear apart this stupid licensing idea.

You take ONE test to drive a car when you are 16 and then NEVER have to prove competency again. The test is simple, multiple choice and teaches you nothing that you can't read on your own. You take ONE driving test and then NEVER have to prove your ability ever again, EVER. Your driver’s license is recognized in any of the 50 states. Therefore, you can have learned to drive in Alaska with very little traffic, yet your license is good in New York, New York or Los Angeles, CA.

You can therefore be 66 years old and have not taken a test, written or physical in 50 YEARS. Do you think cars have changed in the last 50 years? The 'you have to have a license to drive' argument doesn't hold water, it is a joke. How many times driving have you said to yourself; 'that old man shouldn't be driving', 'that woman shouldn't be driving', 'that immigrant shouldn't be driving', 'that teenager shouldn't be driving?' We have all said this to ourselves. The argument simply is ridiculous and is now null and void.

And even with licensing, we still have; drunk drivers, negligent drivers, hit and runs, get away (from crime) drivers, stolen cars, speeding in school zones and more.

YOU SEE THAT LICENSING DRIVERS (AND CARS) DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME FROM CARS...OR FROM DRIVERS.

We must all simply accept that we choose to live in a free society. In a free society their are inherit risks and there is evil and there is great joy. Part of living in a free society is that we must accept responsibility for our actions. There are things in a free society that people will always not like and will always be opposed to and never agree upon, we must learn to accept that and yet choose to live together in peace and respect.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!