Thread: Sheriff enforces the US Constitution in Nevada.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Sheriff enforces the US Constitution in Nevada.

Wallet card Sheriff DeMeo has his deputy carry empowering them to use the constitution as a guide when dealing with the public. This card would be useful for all LEO’s in regards to Open Carry.

http://www.morphcity.com/images/stories/pdfs/Nye_county_sheriffs_office_employee_empowerment_ca rd.pdf

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=10163

A portion of article. See video of Sheriff DeMeo as he speaks about civil rights and how his officers should treat all citizens.

It began with one Sheriff speaking with other Sheriffs about their oaths to uphold the constitution. A new movement is growing in this country in support of limited government, constitutional principles, states rights and a stronger role for sheriffs to play against federal abuse of power. In this 3-part video interview with Tony DeMeo, Sheriff of Nye County, Nevada, he explains that he is a Constitutional Sheriff and that authority for public office holders is derived from the people.

In his own words Sheriff Tony DeMeo describes an incident where federal agents of the BLM threaten him with arrest while the Sheriff issues his own threats of an armed response if illegal seizures of private property in his county continue. Imagine if BLM authorities went ahead with their “normal” operations of seizing cattle found on public property in direct opposition to Sheriff Tony DeMeo warnings? We would witness a standoff with dire consequences.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Mother of God!

I can see the Texas Rangers intervening! I like where this Sheriffs head is at though. I wish all LEO's took the US Constitution into consideration before acting.
    ‎"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

We need more LEO's like him!

If we had a half dozen sheriffs like him in our largest (population) counties, we'd have a much better life here in MI.
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-11-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    If we had a half dozen sheriffs like him in our largest (population) counties, we'd have a much better life here in MI.
    Yeah, and just think of it; we would have to have picnics just to enjoy the food and friends!

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    Yeah, and just think of it; we would have to have picnics just to enjoy the food and friends!
    AMEN! I look forward to those day.

The most amazing thing is the sheriff is originally from NEW JERSEY!!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Not so fast guys!!!!!

Not so fast guys.

Tony Demeo is NOT a good sheriff. He doesn't care about the rule of law at all.... I speak from personal experience.

Years ago, I applied for a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit from Nye County. I took the class in Las Vegas, but under the old law, I would have had to register my firearms in Las Vegas before being issued a permit from Las Vegas.... so I drove out to Nye County to apply.

Now, keep in mind, the law under the N.R.S. is that the training conducted ANYWHERE in Nevada, is acceptable.

The dictator of the desert decided that my application could not be accepted because I took the training in Clark County and he and the Clark County sheriff had a "gentlemans agreement" that he would not let people who trained in Vegas apply in Nye county because it was used as a way "to avoid registering your handguns in Clark County".

I called Tony directly to explain that his office by law had to accept and process my application..... and he pretty much told me to piss off and that he didn't care about the law.

When Nevada changed their laws in 2007, I wrote every memeber of the Nevada house judiciary committee explaining why reciprocity was important because of rogue sheriffs such as Tony.

Furthermore, this same sheriff tried telling people that they could not open carry in Nevada Public Buildings. The great dictator from New York was wrong on this too as the NRS only prohibits concealed carry in public buildings.... again, he didn't seem to care much.

Too bad BLM didn't arrest him... He should go back to New Jersey where he belongs.

Good to know. See I was apparently right... no way a friend of the Constitution could come from NJ...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Angry Damn! Damn! Damn!

DAMN! I thought we finally had a sheriff we could point to & say "if he can follow the law why can't ours?" . Sad, so sad. If I was a drinking man I'd be hitting the bottle about now.

Thanks for the insight Jared; even though it sucks he turns out to be a "D" bag. The truth no matter how disappointing, is always better than a lie in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    DAMN! I thought we finally had a sheriff we could point to & say "if he can follow the law why can't ours?"
    Joe Arpaio is controversial in many ways because of perceived (but I believe false) accusations of racism, as well as his tent prison system, but I've never heard of him allowing his deputies to detain or arrest anyone without proper RAS or PC. And certainly they don't mess with OCers.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.