• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff enforces the US Constitution in Nevada.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Wallet card Sheriff DeMeo has his deputy carry empowering them to use the constitution as a guide when dealing with the public. This card would be useful for all LEO’s in regards to Open Carry.

http://www.morphcity.com/images/stories/pdfs/Nye_county_sheriffs_office_employee_empowerment_card.pdf

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=10163

A portion of article. See video of Sheriff DeMeo as he speaks about civil rights and how his officers should treat all citizens.

It began with one Sheriff speaking with other Sheriffs about their oaths to uphold the constitution. A new movement is growing in this country in support of limited government, constitutional principles, states rights and a stronger role for sheriffs to play against federal abuse of power. In this 3-part video interview with Tony DeMeo, Sheriff of Nye County, Nevada, he explains that he is a Constitutional Sheriff and that authority for public office holders is derived from the people.

In his own words Sheriff Tony DeMeo describes an incident where federal agents of the BLM threaten him with arrest while the Sheriff issues his own threats of an armed response if illegal seizures of private property in his county continue. Imagine if BLM authorities went ahead with their “normal” operations of seizing cattle found on public property in direct opposition to Sheriff Tony DeMeo warnings? We would witness a standoff with dire consequences.

Agent1

Mother of God!

I can see the Texas Rangers intervening! I like where this Sheriffs head is at though. I wish all LEO's took the US Constitution into consideration before acting.

Jared

Not so fast guys!!!!!

Not so fast guys.

Tony Demeo is NOT a good sheriff. He doesn't care about the rule of law at all.... I speak from personal experience.

Years ago, I applied for a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit from Nye County. I took the class in Las Vegas, but under the old law, I would have had to register my firearms in Las Vegas before being issued a permit from Las Vegas.... so I drove out to Nye County to apply.

Now, keep in mind, the law under the N.R.S. is that the training conducted ANYWHERE in Nevada, is acceptable.

The dictator of the desert decided that my application could not be accepted because I took the training in Clark County and he and the Clark County sheriff had a "gentlemans agreement" that he would not let people who trained in Vegas apply in Nye county because it was used as a way "to avoid registering your handguns in Clark County".

I called Tony directly to explain that his office by law had to accept and process my application..... and he pretty much told me to piss off and that he didn't care about the law.

When Nevada changed their laws in 2007, I wrote every memeber of the Nevada house judiciary committee explaining why reciprocity was important because of rogue sheriffs such as Tony.

Furthermore, this same sheriff tried telling people that they could not open carry in Nevada Public Buildings. The great dictator from New York was wrong on this too as the NRS only prohibits concealed carry in public buildings.... again, he didn't seem to care much.

Too bad BLM didn't arrest him... He should go back to New Jersey where he belongs.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Damn! Damn! Damn!

DAMN! I thought we finally had a sheriff we could point to & say "if he can follow the law why can't ours?" . Sad, so sad. If I was a drinking man I'd be hitting the bottle about now.

Thanks for the insight Jared; even though it sucks he turns out to be a "D" bag. The truth no matter how disappointing, is always better than a lie in my book.

Michigander

DAMN! I thought we finally had a sheriff we could point to & say "if he can follow the law why can't ours?"

Joe Arpaio is controversial in many ways because of perceived (but I believe false) accusations of racism, as well as his tent prison system, but I've never heard of him allowing his deputies to detain or arrest anyone without proper RAS or PC. And certainly they don't mess with OCers.