• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson Co. Chronicle 'LETTER: Don’t let the county infringe upon your gun rights'

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.jacksoncountychronicle.com/articles/2010/08/11/opinion/02let.txt

Thomas L. Franks said:
The county board has decided they will try to find a way to prosecute the honest citizens of Jackson County. They intend to use the county attorney to infringe on your constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
This should bring § 66.0409 to a pus filled head, a county attorney prosecuting a statute over the protests of the competent authority, or the CA prosecuting a preempted ordinance. Verry interesting.

Canard

How could they legally appoint someone to perform the duties of one who is elected by the people? Something seems very illegal about this.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
How could they legally appoint someone to perform the duties of one who is elected by the people? Something seems very illegal about this.
I'm thinking that the time has come to take a stand for freedom ladies and gentlemen.

The next meeting of the Jackson County Board is on Aug. 16 at 5:30 p.m.

If we stack the room with a bus load of OC advocates, they would at least have to acknowledge our right (I hope). The DA has said he wouldn't prosecute certain erroneous firearms laws, including (941.235, prohibiting the possession of firearms in public buildings), his entire statement is available here: http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/district attorney/Documents/McDonald vs. City of Chicago.pdf

If you choose to follow the law anyway, then an empty holster would be your free choice to make.

Anybody up for a "Support your local DA" rally at the Jackson County Board meeting?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I'd be up for it but will they even care to listen to non-residents of Jackson county?

My bet is they won't even allow anybody to speak, just like La Crosse County. The point would be to show in force, and just SIT there, WATCH them. If there is enough interest, then we notify the press and that's when our position will be heard/published.