• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked not to carry in IKEA today (didn't know they were on the do not patron list)

malichite

My wife and I were shopping at IKEA today. I was open carrying my XD40 as always. We were there for more then an hour. Had worked with multiple employees as we were looking at making a few large purchases. On the way out I was stopped by security and told that IKEA does not allow fire arms on the premises and next time to leave it in my vehichal because," We try to be a family freindly place." I told him good thing I didn't make my large purchase for all new couters for my kitchen today then as I will be shopping else where. As we walked away, the first thing my wife said to me is "how the Fu#$ are tey family friendly if you can't even come in and protect your family?" I love my wife :) Anyways, just thought I would throw that out.

Lovenox

My wife and I were shopping at IKEA today. I was open carrying my XD40 as always. We were there for more then an hour. Had worked with multiple employees as we were looking at making a few large purchases. On the way out I was stopped by security and told that IKEA does not allow fire arms on the premises and next time to leave it in my vehichal because," We try to be a family freindly place." I told him good thing I didn't make my large purchase for all new couters for my kitchen today then as I will be shopping else where. As we walked away, the first thing my wife said to me is "how the Fu#$ are tey family friendly if you can't even come in and protect your family?" I love my wife :) Anyways, just thought I would throw that out.

Is it really IKEA policy or is it one rouge manager with a personal agenda?