• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time Ocing out of State! Went to Tenn for a week.

Pistol Pete Utah

I went to Tennessee for a week and OCed at the Lake, then in Nashville as well. I must admit I felt a bit out of my comfort zone, but that did not stop me from Ocing.

kwikrnu

Banned
I went to Tennessee for a week and OCed at the Lake, then in Nashville as well. I must admit I felt a bit out of my comfort zone, but that did not stop me from Ocing.

If you carried at one of the large local lakes you most likely broke the law. Army Corp of Engineers or Tennessee Valley Authority property is off limits and does not have to be posted.

Title 36 Part 327.11;
327.13 Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.
(a) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless:
(1) In the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer;
(2) Being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites;
(3) Being used at authorized shooting ranges; or
(4) Written permission has been received from the District Commander.
(b) Possession of explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks or other pyrotechnics, is prohibited unless written permission has been received from the District Commander.

I could be mistaken, but I'm probably not.

You could have carried at a Mormon church here unless they are posted or someone told you to leave.

Last edited:

Pistol Pete Utah

Norris Lake

It was Norris Lake, and I never went on any State Park Area.

We even went shooting on private property in "the back woods" near an old "Boot-leg" cabin, not far from the lake.
I never went shooting in the woods, in the rain, with so much humidity, but loved it and shot well it was a great experience.

kwikrnu

Banned
It was Norris Lake, and I never went on any State Park Area.

We even went shooting on private property in "the back woods" near an old "Boot-leg" cabin, not far from the lake.
I never went shooting in the woods, in the rain, with so much humidity, but loved it and shot well it was a great experience.

Norris lake is a TVA lake and I'm pretty sure off limits signs or no signs. State parks are okay even if posted as long as you have a carry permit from Utah(or somewhere else that reciprocates) and there are no school activities taking place in the park.

Last edited:

Pistol Pete Utah

This is why I love Utah!

Norris lake is a TVA lake and I'm pretty sure off limits signs or no signs. State parks are okay even if posted as long as you have a carry permit from Utah(or somewhere else that reciprocates) and there are no school activities taking place in the park.

We can pretty much carry any where but secure areas, we can carry in any and all parks, we can carry in schools (with a CFP) concealed and even openly.

I LOVE UTAH!

March Hare

Arrrridzona

Come on down to Arridzona and get comfortable with your OC activities!
You can carry almost anywhere and no one will hassle you about being armed.

We're very Loaded Weapon Friendly around here.

You have to watch out for the usual places; K-12 schools, places that serve alcohol for consumption on site, federal offices and reservations, but aside from that, you can go anywhere.

Come on over to the Arizona forum if you have any questions!

-MH