Thread: Was in very close proximity to a shooting today and I was not even armed.

Was in very close proximity to a shooting today and I was not even armed.

I was in the "Finishing Trades Institute" mentioned in the story below. It is a branch of South Seattle Community College so I could not carry there. I saw that the roads were blocked when I pulled in. When I got to the third floor of the building I was talking to a bunch of friends looking out the windows at cop cars. Someone said there had been a shooting and my first though was "Oh, great, he is going to head right for the gun free zone and I do not have my gun". Well, guess what? A good (and reliable) friend of mine said he saw a police officer go into one of the other school buildings with a rifle. I guess a couple of people who were exiting the building were told to go back inside. There was talk of locking the doors but I do not know if that actually happened. By the time we were done everything had calmed down. I don't know if the suspect was actually on school grounds or not.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Sear...100490384.html

SEATTLE Police are searching for the person who shot a man twice in South Seattle Wednesday

It happened just before 6 p.m. in the area of Corson Avenue S. and East Marginal Way S. Both directions of East Marginal Way were closed for the search and the nearby Finishing Trades Institute of Washington was also being considered a crime scene.

The victim, a man in his 20's, was shot in the neck and head. His wounds are considered life-threatening.

Police say the victim and a second person were seen running away from an older model white van. It's not certain whether the second person was another victim or a suspect. A third person drove away in the van.

Descriptions of the suspects have not been released.

This is one of those instances where concealed means concealed... *ninjaface*

I go to a local College and when I am on school grounds, attending my courses...I refrain from OC'ing, because it is the policy of the College to not carry on grounds.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Quilbilly View Post
    It is a branch of South Seattle Community College so I could not carry there.
    Allow me to introduce you to one of my best friends....

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p32.htm

He has a brother who is only the smallest bit bigger than him as well..

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.htm

It doesn't matter what the rules are, these guys ignore them if they want and come with me almost everywhere I go. I am sure one of their cousins would be happy to help you out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I go to a local College and when I am on school grounds, attending my courses...I refrain from OC'ing, because it is the policy of the College to not carry on grounds.
    If nobody sees it, is it really there?

Here's a great "school bag". Room for you lunch, a book or two, and in my case a P-229 with 2 extra mags. A real nice "quick access" compartment that only needs to be opened when you need it.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 8.
    Are you extra heavy?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by Poosharker View Post
    Are you extra heavy?
    It takes 8 to carry a Marine. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Six to carry the Marine to his resting spot, One on point and One covering their 6 ! (that's 8) Marines take care of Marines !
    Semper Fi !
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

I've been in a few funerals, folding the flag, firing the salutes, carrying the casket. For my grandfather's (US Army, WWII vet) I was a pallbearer, and there were 8 of us.

Not to derail.
    Carry on!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    This is one of those instances where concealed means concealed... *ninjaface*
    +10

I try to be as legal as possible...for now anyway. Also, I get a little too paranoid about printing. I am actually planning on getting a kel-tec when I get the funds. That bag looks cool too but I am a Glazier and have to leave my lunch unattended for most of the day with some shady people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    She said she refrained from OCing, she did not say she didn't carry.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Crazy!

I just happened to be close to two shootings. The one at the Tacoma mall and the one at southceter. Both cases I just happened to leave about a minute before they went down. I'm thankful I didn't have to use my gun. I didn't carry openly back then and had no idea they were "don't defend yourself zones". Oh well!
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!