• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was in very close proximity to a shooting today and I was not even armed.

Quilbilly

I was in the "Finishing Trades Institute" mentioned in the story below. It is a branch of South Seattle Community College so I could not carry there. I saw that the roads were blocked when I pulled in. When I got to the third floor of the building I was talking to a bunch of friends looking out the windows at cop cars. Someone said there had been a shooting and my first though was "Oh, great, he is going to head right for the gun free zone and I do not have my gun". Well, guess what? A good (and reliable) friend of mine said he saw a police officer go into one of the other school buildings with a rifle. I guess a couple of people who were exiting the building were told to go back inside. There was talk of locking the doors but I do not know if that actually happened. By the time we were done everything had calmed down. I don't know if the suspect was actually on school grounds or not.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Search-for-shooting-suspect-in-South-Seattle-100490384.html

SEATTLE – Police are searching for the person who shot a man twice in South Seattle Wednesday

It happened just before 6 p.m. in the area of Corson Avenue S. and East Marginal Way S. Both directions of East Marginal Way were closed for the search and the nearby Finishing Trades Institute of Washington was also being considered a crime scene.

The victim, a man in his 20's, was shot in the neck and head. His wounds are considered life-threatening.

Police say the victim and a second person were seen running away from an older model white van. It's not certain whether the second person was another victim or a suspect. A third person drove away in the van.

Descriptions of the suspects have not been released.

Beretta92FSLady

I go to a local College and when I am on school grounds, attending my courses...I refrain from OC'ing, because it is the policy of the College to not carry on grounds.

arentol

It is a branch of South Seattle Community College so I could not carry there.

Allow me to introduce you to one of my best friends....

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p32.htm

He has a brother who is only the smallest bit bigger than him as well..

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3at.htm

It doesn't matter what the rules are, these guys ignore them if they want and come with me almost everywhere I go. I am sure one of their cousins would be happy to help you out as well.

amlevin

I go to a local College and when I am on school grounds, attending my courses...I refrain from OC'ing, because it is the policy of the College to not carry on grounds.

If nobody sees it, is it really there?

Here's a great "school bag". Room for you lunch, a book or two, and in my case a P-229 with 2 extra mags. A real nice "quick access" compartment that only needs to be opened when you need it.

0412k_7_general.jpg

Leatherneck

I've been in a few funerals, folding the flag, firing the salutes, carrying the casket. For my grandfather's (US Army, WWII vet) I was a pallbearer, and there were 8 of us.

Not to derail.
Carry on!

Quilbilly

I try to be as legal as possible...for now anyway. Also, I get a little too paranoid about printing. I am actually planning on getting a kel-tec when I get the funds. That bag looks cool too but I am a Glazier and have to leave my lunch unattended for most of the day with some shady people around.

tombrewster421

Crazy!

I just happened to be close to two shootings. The one at the Tacoma mall and the one at southceter. Both cases I just happened to leave about a minute before they went down. I'm thankful I didn't have to use my gun. I didn't carry openly back then and had no idea they were "don't defend yourself zones". Oh well!