• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shirts tucked in?

Cox

Hey guys just wondering if you guys tuck your shirts in when you OC? Ive always thought it would be better to tuck the shirt in and have on the couple times I've OC'd but my usual dress is tshirts with print that would look ridiculous if I tucked them in and as hot as its been here lately its nice to get the breeze in! Sorry if if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

elixin77

I generally don't like tucking shirts in at all, as I have a fairly high waistband, and it would make me look more dorky then I already am :banana:

So no tuck for me

Dreamer

I tuck in most "button down" shirts, which I have a lot of in my wardrobe.

Hawaiian shirts are always worn untucked though, but tucked behind the grip.

T-shirts--depends on where I am and what I'm doing. If I'm doing something "casual", it's untucked. But i it's a more "stylish" t-shirt, I sometimes tuck them in...

daddy4count

I usually tuck... regardless of shirt type. Though, the shirt type is usually decided upon based on how I plan to carry. Most of my wardrobe is selected for CC, and most of my shirts are long enough that they would negate any open carry plans. So it is usually a T, occasionally some style of polo or button up.

The right T-shirt looks great tucked in... or with a suit.

You just have to own it to rock it. ;)

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Hey guys just wondering if you guys tuck your shirts in when you OC? Ive always thought it would be better to tuck the shirt in and have on the couple times I've OC'd but my usual dress is tshirts with print that would look ridiculous if I tucked them in and as hot as its been here lately its nice to get the breeze in! Sorry if if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything when I searched.

I'd like to think this is a personal preference primarily, but there can always be a legal issue involved if you're not cautious when untucked.

Personal preference: If I'm wearing an all leather belt loop holster I'm less inclined to tuck my shirt and just stuff it behind the pistol. If I'm wearing a kydex paddle I definitely tuck because that kydex can rub pretty badly...but the draw back can be that it allows the kydex to slide on my shirt a bit so it can move around just a little.

Legal issue: Should your shirt somehow become dislodged from behind the pistol while untucked and wind up covering your pistol you would then likely be in violation of your particular State's concealed carry law (not all States are the same, so read your law). Though there's no intent, you could still be in violation and get called out by a LEO for it.

And most of us know all too well that someone who isn't comfortable with any sort of carry would wind up being the caller and provide LEOs with misinformation like: I'm in Joe Henry's Hardware store and a man came in with a gun on his belt and has now hidden it with his shirt. I'm scared he's going to start shooting or rob the place.

We all should be aware of what would promptly follow that kind of call.

rottman43055

I'm glad you started this thread because I was wondering how others done it across the US.

I generally tuck my shirt behind my gun & only tuck in my shirts on occaision.

eye95

Regardless of how/if I am carrying, I generally tuck unless I am in a setting that calls for untucked (at a picnic, at the beach). IMO, dressing neatly is a sign of respect for those around you. (I know a lot of you would have a different opinion. I am just sharing mine.)

If I am carrying on my belt, I always tuck.

Jack House

I never tuck. Even when I had to, I went untucked more than tucked. I can't stand a tucked in shirt.

But I can't OC in Texas. If I could, I'd just tuck the shirt behind the gun or wear a leg holster.

USMC1986

While tucking your shirt in while OC'ing does look more professional, I don't. I'm not out to dress to everyone's liking. I wear mostly polo's anyways and they look professional enough without having them tucked in.

Do whatever is comfortable to you I say.

Jack House

I don't see the need to try and "look professional" in everything you do. I only wear jeans, boots and a t-shirt. I wear polos at work, only because I have to.

sultan62

Tucked in, 80+ percent of the time. Only time it's not tucked is when it's too short (like many tshirts, or if I'm being particularly active and the shirt won't reliably stay tucked in.

Big Boy

I'm not 50 so my shirts stay untucked unless working or wearing less than casual dress.

No offense to you T-shirt tuckers out there....just not my style.

Last edited:
tucking in tshirts is a huge no no. Tshirts are casual wear, tucking in is something you do with more formal wear. But I suppose some of you guys wear brown shoes with black shirts also. Maybe even a black belt with brown shoes.