Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Not a handgun, but what are your thoughts?

  1. #1
    Activist Member DoubleAgentMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA County, CA
    Posts
    64

    Not a handgun, but what are your thoughts?

    http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ding/70PSS.asp

    Im looking for a cheep .22 so go out to the desert shooting with my brothers and came across this, any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern Prince William Co. VA, ,
    Posts
    306

    That Looks Neat!

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAgentMan View Post
    http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...ding/70PSS.asp

    Im looking for a cheep .22 so go out to the desert shooting with my brothers and came across this, any thoughts?
    That looks neat, but have you looked into the Ruger 10/22? There are more "aftermarket" accessories for this gun than you can think of. See this link I got from a simple Google search:

    http://www.gunaccessories.com/1022/index.asp

    Some of these would spell: "FUN!"

    My son bought a Ruger 10/22 and loves it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member SargentMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, United States
    Posts
    100
    I own a Ruger 10/22. You can spend alot of money customizing them, but if you want something you'll be happy with right out of the box, get the Marlin.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern Prince William Co. VA, ,
    Posts
    306

    Great Guns!

    Quote Originally Posted by SargentMac View Post
    I own a Ruger 10/22. You can spend alot of money customizing them, but if you want something you'll be happy with right out of the box, get the Marlin.
    Don't get me wrong...I own a Marlin Model 29 that my father bought well over 50 years ago. It still shoots like it was new.

    Marlin makes GREAT guns. They did not earn the name: "America's Riflemaker" (or something like that) for nothing.

  5. #5
    Regular Member CrossFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Irving, Texas, USA
    Posts
    408
    I have an older model, not sure how much older. I is wood with a blued barrel. This gun is a ton of fun and extremely accurate.

  6. #6
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664

    superfun plink'o'rama

    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    229
    I got this Mossberg 702 Plinkster w/scope package for $150 OTD at Dick's. Super fun and accurate.
    http://www.mossbergintl.com/pages/702plinkster.htm

  8. #8
    Activist Member DoubleAgentMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA County, CA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by merc460 View Post
    I got this Mossberg 702 Plinkster w/scope package for $150 OTD at Dick's. Super fun and accurate.
    http://www.mossbergintl.com/pages/702plinkster.htm
    I saw this today at Bass Pro Shops, was really cool looking and only $119.99! I think this will be a winner. They had a AR-7 but I have heard of a lot of reliability issues with this one.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    What are you looking for in a .22 plinking rifle?

    I have a Ruger 10/22, Marlin Model 60, Marlin 981TS, Henry Golden Boy, Henry H001 lever action.

    I prefer tube fed rifles over the detachable magazines and with a Spee-D-Loader, it doesn't take long at all to reload.

    I like the Model 60 and the Henry H001 for general plinking. The H001 will also shoot 22shorts and it's quieter then an air rifle shooting the shorts.

    The 10/22 is an OK gun, it is the AR of the .22 world. It's not the most accurate out of the box, but it's accurate for most folks.

    Great site for info is www.rimfirecentral.com

  10. #10
    Activist Member DoubleAgentMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA County, CA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    What are you looking for in a .22 plinking rifle?

    I have a Ruger 10/22, Marlin Model 60, Marlin 981TS, Henry Golden Boy, Henry H001 lever action.

    I prefer tube fed rifles over the detachable magazines and with a Spee-D-Loader, it doesn't take long at all to reload.

    I like the Model 60 and the Henry H001 for general plinking. The H001 will also shoot 22shorts and it's quieter then an air rifle shooting the shorts.

    The 10/22 is an OK gun, it is the AR of the .22 world. It's not the most accurate out of the box, but it's accurate for most folks.

    Great site for info is www.rimfirecentral.com
    Awesome, thanks so much for the assistance!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •