• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not a handgun, but what are your thoughts?

Don Barnett

That Looks Neat!

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/70PSS.asp

Im looking for a cheep .22 so go out to the desert shooting with my brothers and came across this, any thoughts?

That looks neat, but have you looked into the Ruger 10/22? There are more "aftermarket" accessories for this gun than you can think of. See this link I got from a simple Google search:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/1022/index.asp

Some of these would spell: "FUN!"

My son bought a Ruger 10/22 and loves it.

Don Barnett

Great Guns!

I own a Ruger 10/22. You can spend alot of money customizing them, but if you want something you'll be happy with right out of the box, get the Marlin.

Don't get me wrong...I own a Marlin Model 29 that my father bought well over 50 years ago. It still shoots like it was new.

Marlin makes GREAT guns. They did not earn the name: "America's Riflemaker" (or something like that) for nothing.

flb_78

What are you looking for in a .22 plinking rifle?

I have a Ruger 10/22, Marlin Model 60, Marlin 981TS, Henry Golden Boy, Henry H001 lever action.

I prefer tube fed rifles over the detachable magazines and with a Spee-D-Loader, it doesn't take long at all to reload.

I like the Model 60 and the Henry H001 for general plinking. The H001 will also shoot 22shorts and it's quieter then an air rifle shooting the shorts.

The 10/22 is an OK gun, it is the AR of the .22 world. It's not the most accurate out of the box, but it's accurate for most folks.

Great site for info is www.rimfirecentral.com

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
What are you looking for in a .22 plinking rifle?

I have a Ruger 10/22, Marlin Model 60, Marlin 981TS, Henry Golden Boy, Henry H001 lever action.

I prefer tube fed rifles over the detachable magazines and with a Spee-D-Loader, it doesn't take long at all to reload.

I like the Model 60 and the Henry H001 for general plinking. The H001 will also shoot 22shorts and it's quieter then an air rifle shooting the shorts.

The 10/22 is an OK gun, it is the AR of the .22 world. It's not the most accurate out of the box, but it's accurate for most folks.

Great site for info is www.rimfirecentral.com

Awesome, thanks so much for the assistance!