Thread: Hot Threads

Hot Threads

I was just scanning over the first page and noticed that nearly all of the threads are "hot threads". Is WA just alot more active than everyone else or is there something wrong with the site?

Based on number of posts, Washington is in second place (behind Virginia) in activity on OCDO.

I think we are pretty damn active here on the Washington threads. It is always cloudy outside, none of us have anything better to do with our time
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I think we are pretty damn active here on the Washington threads. It is always cloudy outside, none of us have anything better to do with our time
    What there is something better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    What there is something better to do?
    I can go outside ?
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I can go outside ?
    Nothin' outside but people who are scurred of your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I can go outside ?
    I went outside today, apparently a business has opened a strip club fifty feet from my place. This is going to become an even better high traffic area than it already is
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Founder's Club Member
    It just shows the Washington crowd is a gabby bunch.

Said the guy with over 8K posts himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

I hope to hit 8k one day!

Once I turned 21 I knew I wanted to carry. I knew about CPL's, but figured there had to be some other way, which is how I happened upon this site. I never would have thought that OC was an option before I took a look at this site. The amount of activity in the Washington forum was very encouraging!

I took a look at other states' forums... and damn... a lot of them seem DEAD!

I actually feel very lucky that we have such a large and active OC community in this state!

Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    Once I turned 21 I knew I wanted to carry. I knew about CPL's, but figured there had to be some other way, which is how I happened upon this site. I never would have thought that OC was an option before I took a look at this site. The amount of activity in the Washington forum was very encouraging!

I took a look at other states' forums... and damn... a lot of them seem DEAD!

I actually feel very lucky that we have such a large and active OC community in this state!
    According to the Administrator: About 1,360....
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    According to the Administrator: About 1,360....
    I wish we could pull down those number at Denny's meets.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Slacker.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Slacker.
    Oh? Didn't you hear? The first guy to 10K owes John $250 for forum upkeep and usage.

Three cheers for Grapeshot for contributing cash to the forum! I'll let John know to expect your check 72 posts from now, or, in other words, the day after tomorrow!

Last edited by Citizen; 08-13-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Cool

Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    Originally Posted by Citizen

Slacker.
    Oh? Didn't you hear? The first guy to 10K owes John $250 for forum upkeep and usage.

Three cheers for Grapeshot for contributing cash to the forum! I'll let John know to expect your check 72 posts from now, or, in other words, the day after tomorrow!
    Nice try, but no cigarillo - Doug Huffman has already surpassed that mark. Add up the total of his 2 screen names. 2,384 + 7,878 = 10,262

We'll let you be the one to tell him of his obligation.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-13-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: add info
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sorry to be so brief...

You guys are silly. I have seen something over 1300 on another thread by an admin.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryk45XD View Post
    You guys are silly. I have seen something over 1300 on another thread by an admin.
    Of course, we are silly. That is the point. We both carry guns; we don't dare try to be serious. At least I don't--not with his shooting skills!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Of course, we are silly. That is the point. We both carry guns; we don't dare try to be serious. At least I don't--not with his shooting skills!
    And that just leaves me being goofy....lol.

give me some time, im still new here.

i have noticed that WA state has more active members then most other states... we need to do some work on the other states. the irony is that WA state isnt even the best state to own firearms in, by a longshot!

Quote Originally Posted by SargentMac View Post
    I was just scanning over the first page and noticed that nearly all of the threads are "hot threads". Is WA just alot more active than everyone else or is there something wrong with the site?
    Use the force, Luke. It is strong here.
    Live Free or Die!

I run a few other sites that don't deal with firearms (mostly automotive and general random stuff) and the largest of 'em (a few over 68,000 members) also reflects the Pacific Northwest region, and especially the Puget Sound area, having a lot more activity, and more consistently, than most other areas of the US.

Why? I don't know. Good people, though - when someone in our community needs it, we all come together and do what's needed.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •