• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Bernardino County Sheriff

tokenride

http://www.adorama.com/IOMVN6000.ht...ansactionalEmail&utm_campaign=2point0Product1

I use this recorder. Its only $25 shipped. Can record 40 hours in HQ mode or 200 hours in EP. It's small enough so that only the top part with the microphone sticks out of my watch pocket. It's black so it doesn't draw any attention to it. Has a lock button so you don't accidentally press any buttons. Had index button so you can mark after a LEO encounter so you can find it easily. Has 5 separate folders that can hold 100 files each.

It has great reviews but no capability to transfer to PC.

tokenride

I already have a male/male cord for my mp3 player. I just have to plug it in and record it over to my PC. Not a big deal since i'll only be doing it if there's a problem.

Good point. What software/application would you record on to? If you can do that this would make it a definite purchase for me.

Born2Lose

Good point. What software/application would you record on to? If you can do that this would make it a definite purchase for me.

http://www.fridgesoft.de/harddiskogg.php
Open source and will capture any sound from any source on your PC. You can download the a free codec (they show you how) and you can save it as mp3.
Best of all no admin rights required so i can use it on my work laptop.

EDIT: Just did a quick test and it works perfect. Sound quality is just like if i transfered it to my PC.

Last edited:

Scott Therrien

i live in rancho

Hey i would like to start something with you i live in rancho

I live in Ontario near Moutnain and Mission. I have been OCing the past week. Since I work 2nd shift and i get home around mid-night, I usually walk my dog around that time and talk my 9mm with me. I usually give a courtesy call to the shift commander and take his name to use incase I come in contact with a LEO. So for no one has pulled me over and I usually see them speeding by. I am usually alone but I always have my phone onthe camera function ready to record in case I am detained. I would rather join or get a group going that wants to OC in the IE. Anyone??