Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 8/14 - NEW TIME 8:30 AM

Exclamation Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 8/14 - NEW TIME 8:30 AM

This week we're going to try to raise the culture quotient. Or we're going hippie hunting. And one of us seems to have a hankerin' for fresh veggies and breakfast from a taco truck. Mmmmmm, duck eggs!

http://rivercityfoodwine.blogspot.co...James%20Market

The market is here: South of the James Market
    @ Forest Hill Park
    Forest Hill Ave & 42nd Street
    SATURDAY'S from 8 am - 12 pm
    May 1, 2010 - December 4, 2010
    For map & directions: http://tinyurl.com/neztj8

Bring your hiking boots, your string shopping bag (or that unused Christmas tree bag - hippies should fit quite nicely), and a sense of adventure.

But most importantly, COME EARLY - we are starting at 8:30 to try to beat the heat.

stay safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Saturday 8/14 - NEW TIME 8:30 AM

Forest Hill Park
    4100 Forest Hill Ave,
    Richmond
    , VA 23225

Show map of 4100 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23225
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Was planning to return your book this weekend, skid, but have a haircut scheduled for 8:30! Market is close to home, however, so I will try to swing by and find you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Was planning to return your book this weekend, skid, but have a haircut scheduled for 8:30! Market is close to home, however, so I will try to swing by and find you guys!
    Follow the stream of GSL stickers or hit send on your cell phone.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Lots of dogs walking people - even two Great Danes with 2 legged companions on leashes.

Plenty of food, drink, music, produce and conversation with some interesting folks.

This happens every Sat throughout the summer - the park it much improved from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Lots of dogs walking people - even two Great Danes with 2 legged companions on leashes.

Plenty of food, drink, music, produce and conversation with some interesting folks.

This happens every Sat throughout the summer - the park it much improved from what I remember.
    We got some of the most viscious stares I have ever encountered. One Daddy, who was dancing with his youngest daughter, kept looking over at us as if he expected us to sprout horns, drool blood, and begin wasting the entire crowd. On the other hand, there were a number of folks who were supportive and asked for stickers, and a few of them even wore them. A couple of vendors said they wanted stickers but were afraid they might irk the customers if they actually wore the stickers, so decorated their folding chairs or the inside front flap of their booth.

Had a wonderful conversation with a gentleman whose brother is a firearms instructor in Connecticut, who kept mentioning that he (the guy we were talking with) was very much afraid to even be near guns - all while spending at least 20 minutes talking with us. Yes, we did point out he was standing next to at least 2 guns - and his response was "But you guys are well-behaved and don't look dangerous." (I could not decide if I should feel insulted or not.) Also had a few conversations about how/where to apply for a CHP, and about getting the wife/girlfriend to finally pick out a gun.

There probably will be a return visit next Saturday - perhaps after breakfast - to complete some transactions regarding baby lambs and a few hares. Monday's phone call should determine if they will be available.

A word to the wise if you are planning on doing some shopping there - if you buy one of those dark green round melons, be sure to snap off the dangly stem part - unless you want to look like you are carrying around a bomb.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    A word to the wise if you are planning on doing some shopping there - if you buy one of those dark green round melons, be sure to snap off the dangly stem part - unless you want to look like you are carrying around a bomb.
    That is a tactical-melon.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Sorry I missed it but had farm work to do. Notice I didn't say catch up on because that's impossible.

Sure is nice not having any noise though.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Sorry I missed it but had farm work to do. Notice I didn't say catch up on because that's impossible.

Sure is nice not having any noise though.
    If you go, be sure to bring Zeus so you can compare sizes of the other Danes. Ask Grapeshot what it feels like to be horsewhipped by a friendly tail at the same time he was getting his hand slobbered on.

stay safe.

Hopefully I can make it the next time. Had to work yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Hopefully I can make it the next time. Had to work yesterday.
    The better to buy more toys.