• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Saturday 8/14 - NEW TIME 8:30 AM

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This week we're going to try to raise the culture quotient. Or we're going hippie hunting. And one of us seems to have a hankerin' for fresh veggies and breakfast from a taco truck. Mmmmmm, duck eggs!

http://rivercityfoodwine.blogspot.com/search/label/South of the James Market

The market is here: South of the James Market
@ Forest Hill Park
Forest Hill Ave & 42nd Street
SATURDAY'S from 8 am - 12 pm
May 1, 2010 - December 4, 2010
For map & directions: http://tinyurl.com/neztj8

Bring your hiking boots, your string shopping bag (or that unused Christmas tree bag - hippies should fit quite nicely), and a sense of adventure.

But most importantly, COME EARLY - we are starting at 8:30 to try to beat the heat.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was planning to return your book this weekend, skid, but have a haircut scheduled for 8:30! Market is close to home, however, so I will try to swing by and find you guys!

Follow the stream of GSL stickers or hit send on your cell phone. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lots of dogs walking people - even two Great Danes with 2 legged companions on leashes.

Plenty of food, drink, music, produce and conversation with some interesting folks.

This happens every Sat throughout the summer - the park it much improved from what I remember.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lots of dogs walking people - even two Great Danes with 2 legged companions on leashes.

Plenty of food, drink, music, produce and conversation with some interesting folks.

This happens every Sat throughout the summer - the park it much improved from what I remember.

We got some of the most viscious stares I have ever encountered. One Daddy, who was dancing with his youngest daughter, kept looking over at us as if he expected us to sprout horns, drool blood, and begin wasting the entire crowd. On the other hand, there were a number of folks who were supportive and asked for stickers, and a few of them even wore them. A couple of vendors said they wanted stickers but were afraid they might irk the customers if they actually wore the stickers, so decorated their folding chairs or the inside front flap of their booth.

Had a wonderful conversation with a gentleman whose brother is a firearms instructor in Connecticut, who kept mentioning that he (the guy we were talking with) was very much afraid to even be near guns - all while spending at least 20 minutes talking with us. Yes, we did point out he was standing next to at least 2 guns - and his response was "But you guys are well-behaved and don't look dangerous." (I could not decide if I should feel insulted or not.) Also had a few conversations about how/where to apply for a CHP, and about getting the wife/girlfriend to finally pick out a gun.

There probably will be a return visit next Saturday - perhaps after breakfast - to complete some transactions regarding baby lambs and a few hares. Monday's phone call should determine if they will be available.

A word to the wise if you are planning on doing some shopping there - if you buy one of those dark green round melons, be sure to snap off the dangly stem part - unless you want to look like you are carrying around a bomb.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry I missed it but had farm work to do. Notice I didn't say catch up on because that's impossible.

Sure is nice not having any noise though.:D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry I missed it but had farm work to do. Notice I didn't say catch up on because that's impossible.

Sure is nice not having any noise though.:D

If you go, be sure to bring Zeus so you can compare sizes of the other Danes. Ask Grapeshot what it feels like to be horsewhipped by a friendly tail at the same time he was getting his hand slobbered on.

stay safe.