Thread: The fun never stops in Richmond

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

The fun never stops in Richmond

This story is a little confusing and I'll see if I got the email from the PD today.

It looks like several people were going door to door robbing people until he ran into the wrong person.

3 people were wounded (Don't know if they are good guys or bad) and one BG was killed.

It's getting so you can't have dinner in your own home without wearing a gun.
    http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12966756

Question

By Commonwealth law the three other thuggies who survived should now be charged with homicide, am I right?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Here's hoping that the homeowner is ok and all those hit were BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    By Commonwealth law the three other thuggies who survived should now be charged with homicide, am I right?

If the BGs were armed and the victim was shot and injured, a good DA would probably be able to make a Felony Murder I charge stick...

Hopefully justice will prevail in Richmond.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    If the BGs were armed and the victim was shot and injured, a good DA would probably be able to make a Felony Murder I charge stick...

Hopefully justice will prevail in Richmond.
    There have been some changes to the triggerman statutes over the last couple of years. I'm not sure what made it through the GS.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The thuggies though, by their other felonious acts, are guilty of the death of their accomplice and not the citizen.

That's what I was getting at.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

§ 18.2-33. Felony homicide defined; punishment.

The killing of one accidentally, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the prosecution of some felonious act other than those specified in §§ 18.2-31 and 18.2-32, is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five years nor more than forty years.

(1975, cc. 14, 15; 1999, c. 282.)
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+18.2-31 and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+18.2-32 for the lazy curious.

Now the question is will the Richmond Commonwealth Attorney seek Felony Murder charges, and if so will he then reduce them in a plea bargain agreement?

stay safe.

Wow... just wow... That all started on the street I grew up on. So glad I moved out to Chesterfield 3 years ago. Oddly enough one week after I moved, someone was murdered at the end of the street.

But I guess living on that street taught me to carry a gun. Out next door neighbor was a big time drug dealer and got shot up in a drive-by by another dealer. One New Years a stray bullet fired into the air hit my sisters car. Good memories.

Story at link was updated at 4:15PM.

Looks like victim was shot and sustained life threatening injuries, had surgery and is now stable. 2 of the 3 bad guys were hit, one deceased, one injured.

TFred

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It's getting so you can't have dinner in your own home without wearing a gun.
    Good idea, but doesn't everybody already?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.