• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The fun never stops in Richmond

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This story is a little confusing and I'll see if I got the email from the PD today.

It looks like several people were going door to door robbing people until he ran into the wrong person.

3 people were wounded (Don't know if they are good guys or bad) and one BG was killed.

It's getting so you can't have dinner in your own home without wearing a gun.
http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12966756

Dreamer

By Commonwealth law the three other thuggies who survived should now be charged with homicide, am I right?

If the BGs were armed and the victim was shot and injured, a good DA would probably be able to make a Felony Murder I charge stick...

Hopefully justice will prevail in Richmond.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If the BGs were armed and the victim was shot and injured, a good DA would probably be able to make a Felony Murder I charge stick...

Hopefully justice will prevail in Richmond.

There have been some changes to the triggerman statutes over the last couple of years. I'm not sure what made it through the GS.

wylde007

The thuggies though, by their other felonious acts, are guilty of the death of their accomplice and not the citizen.

That's what I was getting at.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
§ 18.2-33. Felony homicide defined; punishment.

The killing of one accidentally, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the prosecution of some felonious act other than those specified in §§ 18.2-31 and 18.2-32, is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five years nor more than forty years.

(1975, cc. 14, 15; 1999, c. 282.)

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-31 and http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-32 for the lazy curious.

Now the question is will the Richmond Commonwealth Attorney seek Felony Murder charges, and if so will he then reduce them in a plea bargain agreement?

stay safe.

vt357

Wow... just wow... That all started on the street I grew up on. So glad I moved out to Chesterfield 3 years ago. Oddly enough one week after I moved, someone was murdered at the end of the street.

But I guess living on that street taught me to carry a gun. Out next door neighbor was a big time drug dealer and got shot up in a drive-by by another dealer. One New Years a stray bullet fired into the air hit my sisters car. Good memories.

TFred

Story at link was updated at 4:15PM.

Looks like victim was shot and sustained life threatening injuries, had surgery and is now stable. 2 of the 3 bad guys were hit, one deceased, one injured.

TFred