• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citizen's State Bank NO OPEN CARRY. Heads up.

hardballer

I received a phone call from:

Dustin Hundt
Assistant Vice President-Commercial Lending
dhundt@citizensstatebank.us
620 Main St., P.O. Box 219
La Crosse, WI 54602
608-785-2265

Asking me to not carry in the bank any longer. He asked this in deference to the females in the bank who were robbed at gun point a few months ago. He said that none of the girls were scared of me and that my manner was friendly enough but just the sight of the gun caused the gal who had a gun put to her head more personal distress.

I can understand this.

I recommended that he place no guns signs at all entrances because there are several open carriers in La Crosse area and he said he would take that under advisement. He said he is a strong proponent of the 2A but in deference to his employees, would ask that I keep the gun in the car.

This is just a heads up, not a call to action.

Last edited:
M

McX

Jeez, if the place was robbed then the need to carry is even greater, sorry to the girl who got a gun stuck to her head by a criminal, maybe she should put in for worker's comp. for emotional distress, not let her fears influence the level of safety for others.

Canard

I feel bad for all those folks that have been in car accidents. How terrible to never be able to look at a car again.

Time to find a better bank. Not sure that's possible but one that doesn't offend your rights is better than one that does.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Well, it is hardly a citizen's bank anymore. Citizens are not denied their human right of self-defense.

Welcome to The Sheeple State Bank of Wisconsin.

Certainly, I won't be doing business there. :)

Mlutz

WHY WHY WHY WHY!

Never ask anyone to post! if you ask them, they will come.

But... If they want a "gun free zone" they need to be vocal about it. Well, maybe not "vocal, but you understand. Also, as far as asking for a posting and getting it... Yeah, that will happen... My bank kicked me out once, so I went in and talked to the president, and told him he should post up this policy, and let his bank become an easy target for criminals. That was 3-4 months ago or more, still no signs...

MKEgal

By his 'logic' I should be afraid of men (raped), afraid of cars (crash), afraid of motorcycles (crash), afraid of blacks (held at gunpoint), afraid of guns (held at gunpoint), afraid of people in ski masks (held at gunpoint)...

When the place I worked at was held up at gunpoint, we were jumpy for a few weeks, but eventually settled down again. (I spent that evening with large amounts of alcohol & chocolate, watching the Wizard of Oz. All in all, it seemed a good way to cope.)

I'm sorry the woman is having problems adjusting; worker's comp should cover counselling.

-

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
IF you must ask someone to post their premises, please consider asking them to use this wording:

WARNING - Beyond this Point Only CRIMINALS have guns

Otherwise, all you are doing is messing it up for the rest of us law-abiding citizens.

stay safe.