Thread: Need help to address State Representative

Need help to address State Representative

I am currently speaking with my State rep in which we are discussing OC/CCW law. Can anyone reference me some problems in which city/county ordinances have hindered their right to OC? Also, please reference the ordinance text, to their area, and their code.

I am actively trying to get Rep Roorda to sponser/introduce a bill for OC preemption state wide. I am also going talk with him about Constitutional carry like Arizona.

Thanks so much

Main problem is leaving it open to the ability of the cities to restrict our right to OC. We have to check the municipal laws for each little town we may happen across. State wide preemption is needed. Throw that in along with lowering CCW age to 21. Doubt we'll get Arizona carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Main problem is leaving it open to the ability of the cities to restrict our right to OC. We have to check the municipal laws for each little town we may happen across. State wide preemption is needed. Throw that in along with lowering CCW age to 21. Doubt we'll get Arizona carry.
    wasnt CCW lowered to 21? i thought it was with the new expansion of the Castle Doc. Maybe I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post
    wasnt CCW lowered to 21? i thought it was with the new expansion of the Castle Doc. Maybe I'm wrong...
    The lowered age was stripped out before passage so it remains at 23.

An example of the restrictive oc ordinance would be that if you were in a municipality that had a no oc ordinance and the wind happened to blow up you shirt tail and expose the weapon a over eager cop could charge you with oc.