• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC When Raining

Do you OC when it's raining?

• Yep, same as always.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Yes, but I oil it after each outting.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Yes, but only with a dedicated gun ie., Glock.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Yes, but in a holster with a cover flap.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No, my guns are my babies, they deserve to stay warm and dry.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

SargentMac

How many of you OC when it's raining? My carry weapons are a Glock 23 and a Beretta 92FS Inox. I have OC'ed the Glock when it's raining. I don't think I'd ever OC a blued firearm if it was raining, though my cousin has.

So how 'bout you guys? Do you still OC when it's raining?

bennie1986

If I know I'm going to be out in it for any amount of time I wouldnt. If I was going to the store and it was raining I still would. I have been caught in the rain on a walk before and didnt really worry about it.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I carry a blue 92FS, and there are times that it will start raining and I am without jacket, but have my hand rested over my sidearm without any worry.

I am more concerned about my ammo, not the sidearm. Ammunition can get wet, but it might not be a good idea for it to get wet to much or on a regular basis.

69Charger

When it rains, I have a coat on. :)
Is it still called open carry when you have a gun in an OWB holster and a coat on that covers it up?
Or do you have to walk in the rain with out a coat?
I stopped doing that at about age 13.
Ha. :)
Dave

.45ACPaddy

Depends on how hard it's raining, how long I'll be in the rain, etc. I'll CC till I get to dry cover if it's raining hard, then get home and wipe it down and re oil it.

G20-IWB24/7

The new "BBQ/OC" piece (Springfield Stainless Loaded w/fake ivorys) does not get any holster OC holster time except when it's BBQ weather. Other than that, my GLOCK 19 (w/maritime spring cups ;) ) can handle anything falling from the sky in Washington.

RE: USMC1911's response---- (while in Glock mode) "You have to OIL these things?!? Since when?"

Just kiddin'!

-G20

joejoejoe

The only reason I open carry over cc is the weather, lol. It's too hot for a coat, so I OC. In the rain, I would likely CC because I would have a coat on.

Joe~

USMC1911

The new "BBQ/OC" piece (Springfield Stainless Loaded w/fake ivorys) does not get any holster OC holster time except when it's BBQ weather. Other than that, my GLOCK 19 (w/maritime spring cups ;) ) can handle anything falling from the sky in Washington.

RE: USMC1911's response---- (while in Glock mode) "You have to OIL these things?!? Since when?"

Just kiddin'!

-G20

Dress Blues, Tenis Shoes and a lite coat of Oil ! High Speed, Low Drag ! :)

Stryker

My attire makes the determination

If a jacket is worn, then I'm cc. If it is warm enough to skip the outerwear, then the Glock isn't going to complain about the rain.

Someday I'll grab a short jacket that doesn't look like I'm showing off by tucking it behind the gun.

Beretta92FSLady

It wasn't raining today, but I just went to Starbucks down the street from my house and on the walk back it began to rain coffee on my sidearm, dammit, they always fill the cup to high:banghead:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
In the Northwest...

It really doesn't rain much, but rather it sprinkles, drizzles, mists, etc...

I will wear a coat, jacket, windbreaker, etc.... when it is cold or windy....and sometimes when it really rains. I don't go out of my way to OC in the rain but it happens. I just wipe my Sig down at the end of the day and she is good to go tomorrow.

But really, it doesn't rain much during daylight hours here in the Northwest....but it is always wet outside.

DEROS72

Same as always.I always have an umbrella.my gosh my gun can get wet but not my hair.

Last edited:

JSlack

With the XDm, I'd have no problem getting caught in a rain storm OCing. Ifn it was raining and I knew about it and planned to be outside i'd have a coat already planned into my attire and be CCing under the coat.