Thread: "If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move ..."

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

"If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move ..."

At our Town Board meeting last night, I became famous or notorious, being the second citizen gaveled into silence by my Chairman. I rose to make a point of order of a violation of 19.84 and move that an agenda item not be addressed as improperly noticed. I was not allowed to finish. When the agenda item was moved, I renewed my objection and tried to use my three minutes time on the floor. I didn't get even a minute.

A little while ago I was whooping it up about that with our OIC cop, when he told me that the Chairman has a problem with the patrolman cop carrying off duty at all, let alone carrying concealed, saying "If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move away to a different job!"
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 08-12-2010 at 06:11 PM.

McX
    for the sake of argument, and not to make any statement toward you: if he feels insecure, then he should move; and where exactly is the paradise that he should move to located? does it even exist. thinking men know better, thinking men know the reality of the world, that no place, no where is safe. the statement offends me. there is no paradise, only paradise lost.

I think you need to go public with the illegal censor. Let the people of your community know that the chair is not adhering to the legal system. Usually once the public gets involved, elected officials seem to capitulate.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Doug:

If it wasn't properly noticed, isn't that a violation of the "open meetings" statute? An that IS punishable, right?

I say, SIG the DA on him!