• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move ..."

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
"If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move ..."

At our Town Board meeting last night, I became famous or notorious, being the second citizen gaveled into silence by my Chairman. I rose to make a point of order of a violation of § 19.84 and move that an agenda item not be addressed as improperly noticed. I was not allowed to finish. When the agenda item was moved, I renewed my objection and tried to use my three minutes time on the floor. I didn't get even a minute.

A little while ago I was whooping it up about that with our OIC cop, when he told me that the Chairman has a problem with the patrolman cop carrying off duty at all, let alone carrying concealed, saying "If he feels so insecure that he needs to be armed here, then he needs to move away to a different job!"

Last edited:
M

McX

for the sake of argument, and not to make any statement toward you: if he feels insecure, then he should move; and where exactly is the paradise that he should move to located? does it even exist. thinking men know better, thinking men know the reality of the world, that no place, no where is safe. the statement offends me. there is no paradise, only paradise lost.

bigdaddy1

I think you need to go public with the illegal censor. Let the people of your community know that the chair is not adhering to the legal system. Usually once the public gets involved, elected officials seem to capitulate.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Doug:

If it wasn't properly noticed, isn't that a violation of the "open meetings" statute? An that IS punishable, right?

I say, SIG the DA on him!