Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamaneggs case donations needed.

Red face Hamaneggs case donations needed.

If you wish to donate for the funds to file my suit,you can go to- http:http://www.michiganopencarry.org/pag...man-legal-fund .The incident happened 8/25/09 and took this long to find someone to represent me.Steve Dulan will be taking me to federal court,to get justice for me and all gun owners in MI.Donate what you can afford.If you can't afford to donate,I would appreciate yours prayers! Thank You and God Bless!The donation page will explain what the case is about if you haven't already seen the video.This is how poor folks fight back,when we all chip in!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 08-12-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    If you wish to donate for the funds to file my suit,you can go to- http:www.michiganopencarry.org/pages/jeff-haman-legal-fund .The incident happened 8/25/09 and took this long to find someone to represent me.Steve Dulan will be taking me to federal court,to get justice for me and all gun owners in MI.Donate what you can afford.If you can't afford to donate,I would appreciate yours prayers! Thank You and God Bless!The donation page will explain what the case is about if you haven't already seen the video.This is how poor folks fight back,when we all chip in!
    I wish you luck and would donate if I could. I found someone to represent my case too, he is doing it on contingency, thinking they will settle, rather than go to court. It too took me almost a year to find someone who would. I am glad you didn't give up and are going to make them pay for not following the law.

Is there a link to the video?

What's this case about?

I've searched the forums and done a google search but can't find any info on the details of this case. Anyone know of a link to something that describes the original stop?

Banned
    I second the above request.

I understand that the defendant may not want to jeopardize his case by posting publicly the details of his case. Absent those details, though, I could not possibly, in good conscience, donate any money.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think I remember what this one is about a good way is to look at OP's posts and look about a year ago. You can see what pops up.

Banned
    Good suggestion. I found the thread. Not much detail, for obvious reasons.

Oh, well.

lawyers

problem is if this lawyer thinks you can win then he should be able to do this on a % of win fees instead of demaindg money up front. the deal is that lawyers are greedy ( not all just most) and want money up front. i would keep searching and networking until you find a lawyer who will work with you and not drain your wallet.

The URL I used in the begining for info - http://youtube.com/user/opencarryMI .It's in the list on the right under Hamaneggs,the video and the 911 calls.Hope this helps for the info needed.
    I checked it out.The link works.Enjoy! Thank You and God Bless! Jeff Haman.
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 08-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    problem is if this lawyer thinks you can win then he should be able to do this on a % of win fees instead of demaindg money up front. the deal is that lawyers are greedy ( not all just most) and want money up front. i would keep searching and networking until you find a lawyer who will work with you and not drain your wallet.

All the attorney wants is the cost of filing and getting the records together.

NOTE this is one of the best Firearms attorneys in the state and makes very little unless he wins.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Lawyers work on contingency contract in law suits against others. This is not a lawsuit but a criminal representation. The amount requested is a filing fee, not a retainer. I filed three suits last week and had to pay over $4000 for doing so. Each of these were from accidents and being handled on contingency basis. If I lose, my firm gets nothing and absorbs the loss. If we win, we get the atty fee and all expenses back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    ...This is not a lawsuit but a criminal representation...
    The OP specifically asked for funds to "file my suit." That sounds like a civil lawsuit. Correct me if I am wrong, but defendants don't have to file suit. The prosecution does the filing of charges. Any filing of a suit by the defendant would be a separate civil action. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The OP specifically asked for funds to "file my suit." That sounds like a civil lawsuit. Correct me if I am wrong, but defendants don't have to file suit. The prosecution does the filing of charges. Any filing of a suit by the defendant would be a separate civil action. Right?
    There are filings in criminal cases as well. Motions to dismiss, Motions to Produce and others. Each require filing fees. If a jury trial is requested, many states get the costs of such up front.

Banned
    There are filings in criminal cases as well. Motions to dismiss, Motions to Produce and others. Each require filing fees. If a jury trial is requested, many states get the costs of such up front.
    His words were "file my suit," not "file my motion." Let's let him tell us whether he is talking about a civil suit (which is what his post says) or motions.

Unless you are his attorney. Are you?

His words were "file my suit," not "file my motion." Let's let him tell us whether he is talking about a civil suit (which is what his post says) or motions.

Unless you are his attorney. Are you?
    File my suit means-to file the required paperwork in Federal Court for violating several constitutional rights etc. etc. etc.. I know Circuit Court costs more than District Court because I've had to sue SOS in Circuit.I'm sure Federal Court costs more than Circuit. My pension isn't enough to cover the costs and an Ill wife too.

Thank You oldman45 for helping to convey info,for better understanding! I'm trying to do my best!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 08-15-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Banned
    File my suit means-to file the required paperwork in Federal Court for violating several constitutional rights etc. etc. etc.. I know Circuit Court costs more than District Court because I've had to sue SOS in Circuit.I'm sure Federal Court costs more than Circuit. My pension isn't enough to cover the costs and an Ill wife too.
    So, is this a civil suit? It sounds like it. Are you going for damages?

Or, are you filing motions in a criminal action in which you are the defendant, and it is you who are at risk?

I have a copy of the FOIA'd police reports in question, I've talked with hammanegges in person about what happened, and I've met the attorney involved. They most definitely have a good case, and the attorney is most definitely a good one for this case. As others have said, it takes money to launch a law suit, and the economy has hit everyone, so understandably it's difficult for anyone to fork over the expenses to launch the case, and even a prosperous lawyer can have a hard time dropping 2 grand or more while on a contingency plan.

At this point, I am not in a position to be able to donate significantly, because my work has been slow. But if I get some extra cash, donating will be a priority.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

So, is this a civil suit? It sounds like it. Are you going for damages?

Or, are you filing motions in a criminal action in which you are the defendant, and it is you who are at risk?
    This begins as a civil suit.Hopefully criminal action will be brought against those who violated me also,those are my thoughts on this!Yes,damages,absolutely!
    Also,the first mention of this in print,in Detroit is here- http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...-metro-Detroit .
    Thanks Michigander!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 08-16-2010 at 04:17 PM.

As of 9/15, the fund only needs $814 more to get going. I found the fund site was down today,so I notified Jeff Sayers,President of MOC Inc.,and he said he will contact our IT guy to get er fixed asap.Thank You and God Bless all who have helped out! Jeff Haman.

Thumbs up

The fund page is back up!Thanks to Jeff Sayers and IT for their quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Glocks!
    Only if He knew you would need one to shoot off the ear of a Roman soldier as He was being arrested.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Only if He knew you would need one to shoot off the ear of a Roman soldier as He was being arrested.
    This happened when he was sending some disciples on a missionary trip.Swords were the common self defense weapon of the time.Jesus told Peter to put his sword back where it belonged,which would be in it's sheath,then put the mans ear back on,all good!

This happened when he was sending some disciples on a missionary trip.Swords were the common self defense weapon of the time.Jesus told Peter to put his sword back where it belonged,which would be in it's sheath,then put the mans ear back on,all good!
    He actually told them to sell their cloaks and buy a sword as they were leaving for the Garden of Gethsamane where He was to be arrested.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    He actually told them to sell their cloaks and buy a sword as they were leaving for the Garden of Gethsamane where He was to be arrested.
    True. He said to them,"But now if you have a purse,take it,and also a bag;and if you don't have a sword,sell your cloak and buy one. It is written:And he was numbered with the transgressors,and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me.Yes,what is written about me is reaching fulfillment." The disciples said, "See,Lord,here are two swords." "That is enough,' he replied. )-(Then men stepped forward,seized Jesus and arrested him.With that, one of Jesus companions reached for his sword,drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest,cutting off his ear. "Put your sword back in it's place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father,and he at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?But how then would scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?" And he touched the mans ear and healed him.
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 09-18-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast