• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamaneggs case donations needed.

Haman J.T.

If you wish to donate for the funds to file my suit,you can go to- http:www.michiganopencarry.org/pages/jeff-haman-legal-fund .The incident happened 8/25/09 and took this long to find someone to represent me.Steve Dulan will be taking me to federal court,to get justice for me and all gun owners in MI.Donate what you can afford.If you can't afford to donate,I would appreciate yours prayers! Thank You and God Bless!The donation page will explain what the case is about if you haven't already seen the video.This is how poor folks fight back,when we all chip in!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

If you wish to donate for the funds to file my suit,you can go to- http:www.michiganopencarry.org/pages/jeff-haman-legal-fund .The incident happened 8/25/09 and took this long to find someone to represent me.Steve Dulan will be taking me to federal court,to get justice for me and all gun owners in MI.Donate what you can afford.If you can't afford to donate,I would appreciate yours prayers! Thank You and God Bless!The donation page will explain what the case is about if you haven't already seen the video.This is how poor folks fight back,when we all chip in!

I wish you luck and would donate if I could. I found someone to represent my case too, he is doing it on contingency, thinking they will settle, rather than go to court. It too took me almost a year to find someone who would. I am glad you didn't give up and are going to make them pay for not following the law.

ARADCOM

What's this case about?

I've searched the forums and done a google search but can't find any info on the details of this case. Anyone know of a link to something that describes the original stop?

eye95

I second the above request.

I understand that the defendant may not want to jeopardize his case by posting publicly the details of his case. Absent those details, though, I could not possibly, in good conscience, donate any money.

BerettaFS92Custom

lawyers

problem is if this lawyer thinks you can win then he should be able to do this on a % of win fees instead of demaindg money up front. the deal is that lawyers are greedy ( not all just most) and want money up front. i would keep searching and networking until you find a lawyer who will work with you and not drain your wallet.

Haman J.T.

The URL I used in the begining for info - http://youtube.com/user/opencarryMI .It's in the list on the right under Hamaneggs,the video and the 911 calls.Hope this helps for the info needed.
I checked it out.The link works.Enjoy! Thank You and God Bless! Jeff Haman.

Last edited:

autosurgeon

problem is if this lawyer thinks you can win then he should be able to do this on a % of win fees instead of demaindg money up front. the deal is that lawyers are greedy ( not all just most) and want money up front. i would keep searching and networking until you find a lawyer who will work with you and not drain your wallet.

All the attorney wants is the cost of filing and getting the records together.

NOTE this is one of the best Firearms attorneys in the state and makes very little unless he wins.

oldman45

Lawyers work on contingency contract in law suits against others. This is not a lawsuit but a criminal representation. The amount requested is a filing fee, not a retainer. I filed three suits last week and had to pay over $4000 for doing so. Each of these were from accidents and being handled on contingency basis. If I lose, my firm gets nothing and absorbs the loss. If we win, we get the atty fee and all expenses back.

eye95

...This is not a lawsuit but a criminal representation...

The OP specifically asked for funds to "file my suit." That sounds like a civil lawsuit. Correct me if I am wrong, but defendants don't have to file suit. The prosecution does the filing of charges. Any filing of a suit by the defendant would be a separate civil action. Right?

oldman45

The OP specifically asked for funds to "file my suit." That sounds like a civil lawsuit. Correct me if I am wrong, but defendants don't have to file suit. The prosecution does the filing of charges. Any filing of a suit by the defendant would be a separate civil action. Right?

There are filings in criminal cases as well. Motions to dismiss, Motions to Produce and others. Each require filing fees. If a jury trial is requested, many states get the costs of such up front.

eye95

There are filings in criminal cases as well. Motions to dismiss, Motions to Produce and others. Each require filing fees. If a jury trial is requested, many states get the costs of such up front.

His words were "file my suit," not "file my motion." Let's let him tell us whether he is talking about a civil suit (which is what his post says) or motions.

Unless you are his attorney. Are you?

Haman J.T.

His words were "file my suit," not "file my motion." Let's let him tell us whether he is talking about a civil suit (which is what his post says) or motions.

Unless you are his attorney. Are you?
File my suit means-to file the required paperwork in Federal Court for violating several constitutional rights etc. etc. etc.. I know Circuit Court costs more than District Court because I've had to sue SOS in Circuit.I'm sure Federal Court costs more than Circuit. My pension isn't enough to cover the costs and an Ill wife too.

Haman J.T.

Thank You oldman45 for helping to convey info,for better understanding! I'm trying to do my best!

Last edited:

eye95

File my suit means-to file the required paperwork in Federal Court for violating several constitutional rights etc. etc. etc.. I know Circuit Court costs more than District Court because I've had to sue SOS in Circuit.I'm sure Federal Court costs more than Circuit. My pension isn't enough to cover the costs and an Ill wife too.

So, is this a civil suit? It sounds like it. Are you going for damages?

Or, are you filing motions in a criminal action in which you are the defendant, and it is you who are at risk?

Michigander

I have a copy of the FOIA'd police reports in question, I've talked with hammanegges in person about what happened, and I've met the attorney involved. They most definitely have a good case, and the attorney is most definitely a good one for this case. As others have said, it takes money to launch a law suit, and the economy has hit everyone, so understandably it's difficult for anyone to fork over the expenses to launch the case, and even a prosperous lawyer can have a hard time dropping 2 grand or more while on a contingency plan.

At this point, I am not in a position to be able to donate significantly, because my work has been slow. But if I get some extra cash, donating will be a priority.

Haman J.T.

So, is this a civil suit? It sounds like it. Are you going for damages?

Or, are you filing motions in a criminal action in which you are the defendant, and it is you who are at risk?
This begins as a civil suit.Hopefully criminal action will be brought against those who violated me also,those are my thoughts on this!Yes,damages,absolutely!
Also,the first mention of this in print,in Detroit is here- http://www.freep.com/article/20100815/NEWS05/8150432/Gun-activists-take-aim-at-metro-Detroit .
Thanks Michigander!

Last edited: