• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamaneggs case donations needed.

Haman J.T.

As of 9/15, the fund only needs $814 more to get going. I found the fund site was down today,so I notified Jeff Sayers,President of MOC Inc.,and he said he will contact our IT guy to get er fixed asap.Thank You and God Bless all who have helped out! Jeff Haman.

Haman J.T.

Only if He knew you would need one to shoot off the ear of a Roman soldier as He was being arrested.
This happened when he was sending some disciples on a missionary trip.Swords were the common self defense weapon of the time.Jesus told Peter to put his sword back where it belonged,which would be in it's sheath,then put the mans ear back on,all good!

rodbender

This happened when he was sending some disciples on a missionary trip.Swords were the common self defense weapon of the time.Jesus told Peter to put his sword back where it belonged,which would be in it's sheath,then put the mans ear back on,all good!

He actually told them to sell their cloaks and buy a sword as they were leaving for the Garden of Gethsamane where He was to be arrested.

Haman J.T.

He actually told them to sell their cloaks and buy a sword as they were leaving for the Garden of Gethsamane where He was to be arrested.
True. He said to them,"But now if you have a purse,take it,and also a bag;and if you don't have a sword,sell your cloak and buy one. It is written:And he was numbered with the transgressors,and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me.Yes,what is written about me is reaching fulfillment." The disciples said, "See,Lord,here are two swords." "That is enough,' he replied. )-(Then men stepped forward,seized Jesus and arrested him.With that, one of Jesus companions reached for his sword,drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest,cutting off his ear. "Put your sword back in it's place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father,and he at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?But how then would scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?" And he touched the mans ear and healed him.

Last edited:

rodbender

True. He said to them,"But now if you have a purse,take it,and also a bag;and if you don't have a sword,sell your cloak and buy one. It is written:And he was numbered with the transgressors,and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me.Yes,what is written about me is reaching fulfillment." The disciples said, "See,Lord,here are two swords." "That is enough,' he replied. )-(Then men stepped forward,seized Jesus and arrested him.With that, one of Jesus companions reached for his sword,drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest,cutting off his ear. "Put your sword back in it's place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father,and he at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?But how then would scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen this way?" And he touched the mans ear and healed him.

This is all true. The reason, as I see it, that Jesus wanted the sword was because He knew that the ear was to be cut off and a sharp object would be needed to do so. He simply wanted to make sure that Peter had access to a sword to do the deed. He already knew the swords were there.

Haman J.T.

This is all true. The reason, as I see it, that Jesus wanted the sword was because He knew that the ear was to be cut off and a sharp object would be needed to do so. He simply wanted to make sure that Peter had access to a sword to do the deed. He already knew the swords were there.
He truly knows all. He is the Alpha and the Omega!Thus,He would know I needed a glock to shoot the ear off today!

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Since we are commentating, I think that Jesus knew he would not be able to defend them over the next several days since he would be crucified and be put in the grave for several days. The charges of Jesus being an insurrectionist against Rome would put all of his followers at risk during his trial and upon his crucifixition. So, Jesus gave them the means to defend themselves, but not a means to defend Jesus since his death was the will of his Father. IMHO.

Haman J.T.

I love this passage about conservatives and liberals. Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left." God inspired it. The prophet expressed it. And I believe it!
Two good points.No one could lay their hands on Jesus until he let them.How many times did people want to grab him and stone him,and he walked away.What held them back,he was unarmed.
His diciples were also teaching blasphemy according to the religious power structure and could be stoned by anyone at any time.When they were allowed to rebuild the Temple,they carried a sword in one hand and worked with their other hand.Since there was no sin in Him,and he told them to buy a sword,it would not be a sin.It was right and good,as it is right and good for us to do so."We hold these truths to be self evident,that all Men are created equal,that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,that among these are Life(and the protection of it),Liberty(to protect it)and the Pursuit of Happiness(happy to be alive)!

Haman J.T.

We have reached our goal! MOC and I will be having a conference with Steve Dulan on tuesday! Thank You and God Bless!